The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Meeting a (very) insecure girl from online.

Regardless of how this topic has gone. I'm going to throw it out there.

I met my GF online when I was 16 ( It was over a year before we met in person though ) I'm now 21 and we're still together. ( We did have a few splits though for a while, distance does that )

I guess my point is...Is that it CAN work. It's just not for everyone.

Edit: Also, not to seem like a dick or anything, but lots of people that meet online like this don't have a ton of self confidence. That's why they meet people online in the first place.

Oh, you really got me there. You're so clever.

And let me guess, Bertuzzi Babe plus 1'd you, eh? Two peas in a pod.

Anyway, I think if the OP really cares for this girl, despite her being secretive about certain things, or wanting to wait to show a picture of herself, I think he should give her some time. There could be plenty of legit reasons why she's waiting. Give her the benefit of the doubt.

Wow, this thread keeps growing.

I would like to thank everyone so far for participating. It has been enlightening and entertaining at the same time. I've read every single post, including a few more GodDeuce's posts...

A lot of people have provided some really interesting takes on this situation and I don't disagree with all of them, at least not all at the same time.

I am right now leaning on the idea of finding another girl, but I feel absolutely horrible because of it. I have managed to secure a picture of her and IMO, she's not bad looking. However, her lack of confidence in herself is a current problem, even if she is being completely honest with me. I feel right now that even though she trusts me I am unworthy of her trust because I am currently turned off by her low self-esteem. I can see the writing on the wall. No matter how much I try to make her happy, she'll never really be happy. I can't tell her how she should feel. She needs to feel that way and I, as a person, can only do so much. I can see it getting old.

All I can do is be there for her, but I think waiting till November, as mentioned by others, is a bit too long just to "meet". A meet only takes like 5 mins but she's not comfortable with herself as she is. That bothers me, even though I say.. "take your time". That kind of mistrust is extremely hard to break. I'm not ready to settle down just yet. I'm looking for a serious relationship though.

As many posters have pointed out, the longer it drags out, the harder it hits her. There's just no easy way of doing it. UGH.

Two weeks right? Three now? If a person gets crushed by a dismissal after that short a time, then he/she is a psycho, and you're doing yourself a favour.

Called it. She needs to work things out for herself before she should be heading into a relationship. You could tell her that, but her deflector shields will be up. You pig you.

Archived