The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Meeting a (very) insecure girl from online.

I think the OP is making the right choice of finding another girl. When you’re entering a possible relationship with someone who has insecurity/self-esteem issues you’re asking for trouble. You know the saying “you have to love yourself, before you can love another person” I think rings true. These problems would probably manifest themselves in terms of control/jealousy. I’d also assume both parties are young and that she could very well have not been in a relationship before.

It’s unfortunate that her issues would lead to her missing more opportunities but it would be best if you don’t lead her on when you’ve already made your mind up. Be up front, diplomatic, and aware of her sensitive nature.

Offer to be there for her to talk to but don’t expect to solve her issues yourself. These are obstacles that she needs to recognize and deal with. You can be there to support her but ultimately she will need to take the initiative to change and it’s about changing how she thinks not how she acts.

Assumed you were middle aged because of how up tight you are. Relax. It's an internet forum.

No. Seriously. Relax. Get out, get some fresh air.

I think having women chasing me grants me the title of knowing what women want. You think it's easy to sleep with attractive women? No. It took time. I figured out what they wanted, and I can assure you it wasn't me being a nice, gentle loser.

If I want to get married to a slightly overweight chick with no prospects I'll try your approach though. Thanks.

PS. It's because every single one of your posts has you being in an argument with someone.

What you're basically suggesting is that he set an ultimatum (drop deaq date)

Those don't usually turn out well.

The reason some people, including myself, are suggesting the 'cut and run' is only because some of us have had similar experiences and know what's waiting. Time goes by quickly, waiting for a picture for the excuse that they're not ready yet should be the biggest protip that one can get about the other person....namely, they're not ready yet....and if you're waiting around for someone's who's 'not ready' to get into one, then you're an idiot for waiting around hoping that they'll be ready 'soon'.

Archived