The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Meeting a (very) insecure girl from online.

High maintenance. Not to be cruel, but this girl needs to work on being comfortable with herself before she's ready to include someone else in that. Sure, perhaps you can help and the half full glass says maybe you can make a difference and help her overcome this insecurity.

But, if she's putting you off it's clear she isn't ready right now. Let her come around on her own terms and decide if you're prepared to wait or not.

My guess is she may be a little heavy (sports or not...I mean, it could be the bowling or badminton team, right?) and is going to lose some weight before meeting you. But, honestly, it should be a matter of what you see is what you get...if she's "working on" herself before presenting herself to you, that's a bit of a facade right there. If she's happy with who she is (here and now), it'll likely be a much healthier relationship than if it's starting out on this footing.

Immaturity likely plays a part in this - so it may not be a big deal. But girls who constantly look for affirmation and put themselves down can be pretty draining if it doesn't get resolved. When you're young, it should be easy and about having fun.

High maintenance. Not to be cruel, but this girl needs to work on being comfortable with herself before she's ready to include someone else in that. Sure, perhaps you can help and the half full glass says maybe you can make a difference and help her overcome this insecurity.

But, if she's putting you off it's clear she isn't ready right now. Let her come around on her own terms and decide if you're prepared to wait or not.

My guess is she may be a little heavy (sports or not...I mean, it could be the bowling or badminton team, right?) and is going to lose some weight before meeting you. But, honestly, it should be a matter of what you see is what you get...if she's "working on" herself before presenting herself to you, that's a bit of a facade right there. If she's happy with who she is (here and now), it'll likely be a much healthier relationship than if it's starting out on this footing.

Immaturity likely plays a part in this - so it may not be a big deal. But girls who constantly look for affirmation and put themselves down can be pretty draining if it doesn't get resolved. When you're young, it should be easy and about having fun.

Good luck, pal. I would give yourself a drop dead date, though. Say two months or so. But cutting and running like others are suggesting would just make you wonder what if. At the same time, allowing it to go on and on will stunt your social life, so set a date and vow to keep it.

Btw The woman i asked to be my wife made me a kickass lasagne about 3-4 dates in. Thinking back, that's what ultimately sealed the deal for me. So, girls, your mom is right. The way to a man's heart it through his stomach.

Looks come and go, but food is forever.

This was kinda in response to that 'make a sandwich' remark.

Good luck, pal. I would give yourself a drop dead date, though. Say two months or so. But cutting and running like others are suggesting would just make you wonder what if. At the same time, allowing it to go on and on will stunt your social life, so set a date and vow to keep it.

Once you see the picture and she's indeed ugly and not at all attractive to you, then you are in a deep deep pickle. Is seeing her picture really worth it, when this situation is so delicate?

Best thing that could happen IMO is you play it cool, she sends picture on her terms. If she's hot, you're still in there, if she's not, then you can friendzone. You gotta stop showing interest now I think.

Archived