The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Meeting a (very) insecure girl from online.

Better no pic than fake pic, imo. But not much. ie. Yes, you're not lying about your appearance, but you're also wasting my time.

This girl sounds like she has issues to work out for herself before she can be truly loved. Really insecure people can be a real nightmare until they finally break out of their shell. If i were you i'd keep her on the sidelines until she gives you a picture at least. That's a good indication that she might be on the verge of a breakthrough.

If she really is 'the one' then why rush it, right? It's a gamble to wait on someone that long though. It always is. That's why you play the field regardless at this point.

btw. The longer this procedure trails on, the more her heart will be broken if you call it off first.

Hey i bet this doesn't help a bit and if my wife saw this she'd kill me, but communication is a two-way street. She has your picture, but you don't have hers? wtf? SEE ya!

Better no pic than fake pic, imo. But not much. ie. Yes, you're not lying about your appearance, but you're also wasting my time.

This girl sounds like she has issues to work out for herself before she can be truly loved. Really insecure people can be a real nightmare until they finally break out of their shell. If i were you i'd keep her on the sidelines until she gives you a picture at least. That's a good indication that she might be on the verge of a breakthrough.

If she really is 'the one' then why rush it, right? It's a gamble to wait on someone that long though. It always is. That's why you play the field regardless at this point.

btw. The longer this procedure trails on, the more her heart will be broken if you call it off first.

Hey i bet this doesn't help a bit and if my wife saw this she'd kill me, but communication is a two-way street. She has your picture, but you don't have hers? wtf? SEE ya!

Nah, i've done some stalking. They generally don't like it. Even when you surprise them with flowers at work. Hahaha! Embarrassed enough yet? Here's my number so you can call me. Whaddaya mean you want nothing to do with me now? Aw, too bad.

Favorite online dismissal i've performed:

'My pic is displayed, babe, but where's yours?'

'Not sure if i want to show it to you.'

'Aw, c'mon, babe. You sure sound cute over the keyboard.'

'lol okay.'

she emails it. She's a bbw.

'k'

She immediately deletes me from her contact list.

Cold. Just cold. Hey my buddy ended up blind-dating a midget, so i recommend pic first, preferably full-body, before meeting. Otherwise that girl could be a bbw (whatever, bbw's are fine, i was just kidding), a midget or, god-forbid, a freakin' guy, dude.

Straight up, why would anyone hook up with someone with out seeing their pic?..We live in a world where technology is pretty much everything, you have no reason not to send or receive pics..or a link to a FB page..no matter what anyone says, Looks do matter...you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Wait. How do you know she doesn't want to meet you when her words (all that you know her by) indicate that she DOES want to? (I'm sure you haven't revealed everything in this thread).

Anyways, it sounds like she keeps bringing up meeting with you because she's got low self-esteem like you said, and wants to meet you and will expect you to make the move. Now question is, why not negotiate with her and settle things on a real-life meet up? She keeps saying she wants to meet, so (I hate cliches but man up! and) take her for her word!

By the way, OP I'm surprised that, since you've met a girl in real life before you would choose to go back to online dating? It's just my opinion but through meeting the previous girl in person I'm sure that your social skills must have improved, and by meeting in person it helps to skip the whole "talking too much online then getting awkward when you first meet in person" phase that happens upon initial meeting. In short I don't think you should retreat back to using this method of meeting (unless you have really low self-esteem as well, in which case online messaging may work best).

Archived