#1 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

POPULAR

Luongo - He mentioned Mike's on the phone at a constant pace about a lot of different players on different teams.

CBA - talks are "way above [his] pay grade"

Shane Doan - they contacted his agent yesterday. They have declared their decision on several occasions. They told Shane's reps that the Canucks are going to be patient with his decision.
They made an offer that stands, they won't go back on it and renegotiate.

Kassian - BF% was worked on. They wanted to add strength and add endurance such that he can play on the ice longer.

Garrison - Has been an extremely valuable asset since the signing without even officially stepping on the ice on an official capacity.

Edited by Strombone1, 31 August 2012 - 10:02 AM.

Commissioner of 2014-2015 Shapheat Fantasy Hockey League

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2014-15 GDT Registrations

#2 kanucks1

kanucks1

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

nice. Good to know something will happen soon.
Posted Image

CDC Fantasy League GM Chicago Blackhawks

#3 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

Thanks for posting!
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#4 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:31 AM

BF issues for Kassian, oh boy. That's dedication, right there.

#5 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

POPULAR

Garrison - Has been an extremely valuable asset since the signing without even officially stepping on the ice on an official capacity.

From what I've seen, this is very true. Garrison has jumped right into his position on the team and seems to have taken the team's commitment to community very seriously and is having a lot of fun with it. It's great to see a guy so eager to join in before he's even laced up the skates for the team. :)

Can't wait to see what he brings on the ice.

#6 Martin Frk

Martin Frk

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:44 AM

Bout time they got some stuff done
Posted Image
Cred to Lemons

#7 captain_kirk1

captain_kirk1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Bout time they got some stuff done

I'm sure a lot is being held up by the CBA talks...puts a whole new spin on contracts, signings etc. Could be a long year so hold on...

#8 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,038 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

POPULAR

Can't wait to see Kassian play this year.

I know - alot of you have BFF issues - and are sad because your BFF was traded to Buffalo...perhaps having a hard time with your dedication to the Canucks, or giving Kassian a chance... but I think I can predict with confidence that he should/will pleasantly surprise us.

Edited by oldnews, 31 August 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#9 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,070 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

BF issues for Kassian, oh boy. That's dedication, right there.

It says it was worked on. Which would be the weight loss this summer.

Posted Image

#10 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

POPULAR

I know - alot of you have issues - are sad because your BFF was traded to Buffalo...and are having a hard time with your dedication to the Canucks, or giving Kassian a chance... but I think I can predict with confidence that he should/will pleasantly surprise us.

Just because someone doesn't agree with you, that does not mean that they have a hard time with their dedication to the Canucks. To claim, as you do that they do, just simply means that you are insecure and must put yourself on a pedestal where you can do your chest thumping hoping that someone will back you up.

At this point, Kassian has shown a good attitude but so far I am waiting to see if he can step up this year. Last season, he had a new system to learn and had to fit in....this year he will have a full camp so there shouldn't be any excuses.
MG traded a talented CH for Kassian and no one can deny that we were a better team with CH as a 3rd line centre. If Kassian can live up to the hype and step up, we will have recieved fair value for a player whose daddy wanted him out of here. If he does not do any more than he showed last season, we got stiffed. I think he has the potential to be a dominant player but he has to earn his spot.

Edited by bluesman60, 31 August 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#11 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:41 AM

I know - alot of you have BFF issues - and are sad because your BFF was traded to Buffalo...perhaps having a hard time with your dedication to the Canucks, or giving Kassian a chance... but I think I can predict with confidence that he should/will pleasantly surprise us.

contrary to what bluesman says, i totally agree. the cody nut-huggers will be proven to be just that and will curl up in a ball crying in a corner as kassian will kill it.

edit: now that bluesman has edited, i must also edit, to agree with him too....

Edited by MC Fatigue, 31 August 2012 - 10:45 AM.

" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#12 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,511 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Good update on a few things, but I'd be surprised if the CBA talks were really above his pay grade. Sure, he may not be directly involved in the negotiations, but since he's our resident capologist he'll definitely be keeping a close eye on potential outcomes so he can offer contracts that will help us, not hurt us.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#13 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

POPULAR

Good update on a few things, but I'd be surprised if the CBA talks were really above his pay grade. Sure, he may not be directly involved in the negotiations, but since he's our resident capologist he'll definitely be keeping a close eye on potential outcomes so he can offer contracts that will help us, not hurt us.

Pseudo-speak for if I say anything I will catch crap from head office.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#14 CHodgson9

CHodgson9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

any links to the Gilman bit on 1040?
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Ghandi

#15 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,354 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

Luongo - He mentioned Mike's on the phone at a constant pace about a lot of different players on different teams.

This can either be true or just a lie to kinda boost his value, and get other gms like burke and Talon thinking, (hmmmmm so hes also speaking to other teams. I better offfer a little more). But either way, that comment alone is the que for other wanna bee insiders to make up bull crap rumors. Since the assistant gm said this, they will now use this, to start off other rumors again.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#16 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,540 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

contrary to what bluesman says, i totally agree. the cody nut-huggers will be proven to be just that and will curl up in a ball crying in a corner as kassian will kill it.

edit: now that bluesman has edited, i must also edit, to agree with him too....

Funny how you guys always have to bring up CH whenever Kassian is mentioned. Sure hope Zack can outplay CH in the upcoming years or you guys will explode.
Why can't you just let go of Cody and except Zack as our new #1 prospect?

#17 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:30 PM

Indeed, the "puppet" has his masters very much in a tight line. Who looks like a puppet now?

#18 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:31 PM

nice. Good to know something will happen soon.

What are you referring to?? Luongo, CBA, Doan??? I hope not because nothing of what was said implies any change from last week and last month.

#19 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,511 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:37 PM

Pretty much, or the NHL is being strict on which specific people can talk about what.

#20 Vancouver911

Vancouver911

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

kassian worked on bf? what dose bf mean last time i check it ment boy friend lol??

#21 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

kassian worked on bf? what dose bf mean last time i check it ment boy friend lol??

body fat
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#22 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

Does anyone have the full interview?

Thank-you!
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#23 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,038 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

Just because someone doesn't agree with you, that does not mean that they have a hard time with their dedication to the Canucks. To claim, as you do that they do, just simply means that you are insecure and must put yourself on a pedestal where you can do your chest thumping hoping that someone will back you up.

At this point, Kassian has shown a good attitude but so far I am waiting to see if he can step up this year. Last season, he had a new system to learn and had to fit in....this year he will have a full camp so there shouldn't be any excuses.
MG traded a talented CH for Kassian and no one can deny that we were a better team with CH as a 3rd line centre. If Kassian can live up to the hype and step up, we will have recieved fair value for a player whose daddy wanted him out of here. If he does not do any more than he showed last season, we got stiffed. I think he has the potential to be a dominant player but he has to earn his spot.

bluesman - nice rant - you're missing the context, but you've strung together insecure, pedestal, chest thumping and needing backup quite nicely.

#24 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,684 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

POPULAR

BF - Body Fat

BFF - Body Fat Forever
Posted Image

#25 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,511 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:30 PM

Let me guess, you spend lots of time texting and IM'ing, along with internet forums/chat sites.

#26 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

Funny how you guys always have to bring up CH whenever Kassian is mentioned. Sure hope Zack can outplay CH in the upcoming years or you guys will explode.
Why can't you just let go of Cody and except Zack as our new #1 prospect?

I have but CH just happens to be the price that we paid to get Kassian. Until Kassian reaches his potential (and there is no way that he even came close last season) we lost the trade. Hopefully Kassian will develop into an even better player than CH will ever be. His attitude and committment shown so far is a step in the right direction and he seems to embrace the challenge.

#27 D-Bo7

D-Bo7

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

I have but CH just happens to be the price that we paid to get Kassian. Until Kassian reaches his potential (and there is no way that he even came close last season) we lost the trade. Hopefully Kassian will develop into an even better player than CH will ever be. His attitude and committment shown so far is a step in the right direction and he seems to embrace the challenge.

Actually Kassian was pretty close to what Hodgson was in his first season. Both put up limited points, saw limited minutes, and got benched in the playoffs. Kassian actually managed to play quite a few more games as a 21 year than Hodgson did, so in reality, he's a step ahead of where he was as a 21 year old. I don't know how many times I have to remind people that Kassian is a year younger...

The thing about Kassian is, if he puts up 30-40 points and is a physical force that intimidates the other team, he would have more value for the Canucks than Hodgson would putting up 50-60 points. Just because we have enough of what Hodgson can bring, and not enough of what Kassian can bring.

Edited by D-Bo7, 31 August 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#28 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,143 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

So this turned into Cody vs Kass?

People complaining about Cody lovers at the same time bringing up Cody.

And lol...I thought Kassian was working on his best friend forever issue. :P

BAD MOVE!!!

BAD FING MOVE

HAHAHA ANOTHER INJURED MORON ON OUR TEAM

HE WILL JOIN US IN 2019

Benning will be fired next year. Hope he enjoys screwing around for a few months. I just cant believe this. Another injured BC player. We just got rid of garrison. Seems like the canucks and linden just wanted any BC born player. Doesn't matter if hes good or not. We don't need another Linden to get us to game 7 of the Stanley cup and lose. We need someone to win us a cup.

5 million a year for Vrbata? 6 million for Miller? Kesler for Bonino and 24th instead of 10th pick or one of their top prospects? Garrison for scraps?

ive already lost faith in JB. Ive never EVER had this bad of a feeling about management.

#29 D-Bo7

D-Bo7

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:48 PM

So this turned into Cody vs Kass?

People complaining about Cody lovers at the same time bringing up Cody.

And lol...I thought Kassian was working on his best friend forever issue. :P

It's inevitable that his debate always comes up because every time Kassian is interviewed by the press or even mentioned on CDC, fans always bring up Cody.

Until Kassian has a solid season and silences his critics, this will be the common theme.

#30 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,660 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

Who has a hang up about BFF's? :huh:

Concept was body fat %...

And FTR, yours was first post in this thread on subject. Who is butt hurt? What we need is people to stop telling others how to feel about things. There are ten posts on CDC admonishing Hodgson fans for any that actually bashes Kassian.

Also FTR, even those who disliked the trade, are happy to move on and cheer for Kass. It was clear to all he needed the work he is doing this summer, but its highly encouraging! Check the thread on article about Kassians attitude. All good going forward.

http://forum.canucks...er/page__st__30

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 31 August 2012 - 03:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.