The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gilman on Team 1040 earlier - 8/31/12

Strombone1

Just because someone doesn't agree with you, that does not mean that they have a hard time with their dedication to the Canucks. To claim, as you do that they do, just simply means that you are insecure and must put yourself on a pedestal where you can do your chest thumping hoping that someone will back you up.

At this point, Kassian has shown a good attitude but so far I am waiting to see if he can step up this year. Last season, he had a new system to learn and had to fit in....this year he will have a full camp so there shouldn't be any excuses.

MG traded a talented CH for Kassian and no one can deny that we were a better team with CH as a 3rd line centre. If Kassian can live up to the hype and step up, we will have recieved fair value for a player whose daddy wanted him out of here. If he does not do any more than he showed last season, we got stiffed. I think he has the potential to be a dominant player but he has to earn his spot.

I have but CH just happens to be the price that we paid to get Kassian. Until Kassian reaches his potential (and there is no way that he even came close last season) we lost the trade. Hopefully Kassian will develop into an even better player than CH will ever be. His attitude and committment shown so far is a step in the right direction and he seems to embrace the challenge.

Who has a hang up about BFF's? :huh:

Concept was body fat %...

And FTR, yours was first post in this thread on subject. Who is butt hurt? What we need is people to stop telling others how to feel about things. There are ten posts on CDC admonishing Hodgson fans for any that actually bashes Kassian.

Also FTR, even those who disliked the trade, are happy to move on and cheer for Kass. It was clear to all he needed the work he is doing this summer, but its highly encouraging! Check the thread on article about Kassians attitude. All good going forward.

/topic/335065-article-kassian-has-motivation-to-move-from-canucks-project-to-prime-time-player/page__st__30">http://forum.canucks...er/page__st__30

Can't wait to see Kassian play this year.

I know - alot of you have BFF issues - and are sad because your BFF was traded to Buffalo...perhaps having a hard time with your dedication to the Canucks, or giving Kassian a chance... but I think I can predict with confidence that he should/will pleasantly surprise us.

I know - alot of you have BFF issues - and are sad because your BFF was traded to Buffalo...perhaps having a hard time with your dedication to the Canucks, or giving Kassian a chance... but I think I can predict with confidence that he should/will pleasantly surprise us.

It's inevitable that his debate always comes up because every time Kassian is interviewed by the press or even mentioned on CDC, fans always bring up Cody.

Until Kassian has a solid season and silences his critics, this will be the common theme.

Interview (Gilmans on near the beginning of this clip)

http://www.teamradio.ca/podcast/1040_morning_show/Scotty_Company_aug_31_Hour4_Powered_by_Kingsway_Honda~.mp3

Gilmans a crafty man. I've never heard anybody skirt around issues as well as Gilman, I can see why he's such a great negotiator.

He skirted around the Luongo question without even naming names, saying "Mike's on the phone at a constant pace with various teams about various players" and "there's a perception out there that we have to do something, which we really feel is not the case".

I have but CH just happens to be the price that we paid to get Kassian. Until Kassian reaches his potential (and there is no way that he even came close last season) we lost the trade. Hopefully Kassian will develop into an even better player than CH will ever be. His attitude and committment shown so far is a step in the right direction and he seems to embrace the challenge.

Archived