The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gilman on Team 1040 earlier - 8/31/12

Strombone1

I've seen a video a few weeks ago (in these forums I believe} of Kassian jumping and he appeared to have lost alot of weight. He didn't appear to have much body fat then. He'll probably put on some muscle mass before the season starts. He definitely has the potential to be a factor in the playoffs when the going gets tough. CH is going to be a great player, but I think his smaller size might be a negative factor in the playoffs.

Actually Kassian was pretty close to what Hodgson was in his first season. Both put up limited points, saw limited minutes, and got benched in the playoffs. Kassian actually managed to play quite a few more games as a 21 year than Hodgson did, so in reality, he's a step ahead of where he was as a 21 year old. I don't know how many times I have to remind people that Kassian is a year younger...

The thing about Kassian is, if he puts up 30-40 points and is a physical force that intimidates the other team, he would have more value for the Canucks than Hodgson would putting up 50-60 points. Just because we have enough of what Hodgson can bring, and not enough of what Kassian can bring.

Jai,hockey fans can dislike and/or cheer for any Canuck (or former Canuck) player they choose.

When any particular player -especially a first round,top ten pick and CHL player of the year- gets bashed or when fans get dictated to and denigrated on this forum (as you have just done),it tends to upset other Canucks hockey fans.

Nobody appreciates being scolded,berated and then dictated to.Canada is not Mother Russia and the internet still allows freedom of speech.

So,please,try to stop telling others what Canucks fans should and should not do or think when it comes to supporting or following a Canuck or in this case,a former Canuck.

Above all else,have a great long weekend ! Canada is a beautiful country.

I've seen a video a few weeks ago (in these forums I believe} of Kassian jumping and he appeared to have lost alot of weight. He didn't appear to have much body fat then. He'll probably put on some muscle mass before the season starts. He definitely has the potential to be a factor in the playoffs when the going gets tough. CH is going to be a great player, but I think his smaller size might be a negative factor in the playoffs.

Holy crap, let's set a a couple things straight here!

1. Hodgson fans did not bring Hodgson into this conversation, oldnews did for the purpose of bashIng Hodgson fans.

2. There has been little to no whining and crying, simply people saying "don't tell me how to be a hockey fan."

3. This thread has nothing to do with Hodgson, so Cody-bashers, stop bringing him up. Get back on topic.

For the record, I support Kassian and believe off my own assessment of available information that Cody didn't really want to be here, so don't patronize me as "another butthurt CH fan". I'm not.

Archived