Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Gilman on Team 1040 earlier - 8/31/12

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#31 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:17 PM

Can't wait to see Kassian play this year.

I know - alot of you have BFF issues - and are sad because your BFF was traded to Buffalo...perhaps having a hard time with your dedication to the Canucks, or giving Kassian a chance... but I think I can predict with confidence that he should/will pleasantly surprise us.

On a positive note,I like it when Gilman speaks.He seems to say the right things.
I don't see many Vancouver fans disliking Kassian as the kid is just that.
Your perceived Canucks dedication issue is actually a GM credibility issue.
Figure it out some day and we will forgive your endless ragging.
However,being a perpetual Hodgson basher is not gaining Kassian anything in particular so maybe you should just finally give it a rest.

Edited by nuck nit, 31 August 2012 - 07:55 PM.

#32 ilovekevinbieksa

ilovekevinbieksa

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:25 PM

well at least we know that MG aint just sitting at home watching tv
Posted Image (One duplicate gif removed by mod to meet size limitations)

#33 Monteeun

Monteeun

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

It's inevitable that his debate always comes up because every time Kassian is interviewed by the press or even mentioned on CDC, fans always bring up Cody.

Until Kassian has a solid season and silences his critics, this will be the common theme.

Its not that i have a problem with Cody. He was a great player and extremely valuable to us. I am disappointed that he was traded. But he's gone and I really hope Kass does well. Because if Kass does terrible, it doesn't help us in any way.

#34 rawkdrummer

rawkdrummer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Does anyone have the full interview?

Thank-you!

Team 1040, look for the podcast!

#35 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Can't wait to see Kassian play this year.

I know - alot of you have BFF issues - and are sad because your BFF was traded to Buffalo...perhaps having a hard time with your dedication to the Canucks, or giving Kassian a chance... but I think I can predict with confidence that he should/will pleasantly surprise us.

Oh look! Old news bringing up Cody hodgson in another non hodgson thread!!! What a surprise :rolleyes:. Seriously bro do you only mention Cody so you can sit there, and spend your time writing your essay length responses to everyone who defends Cody? This thread isn't about Hodgson, this is about Gilman's interview, it's like you're trying to start the war again. Please stop taking subtle shots. I'll call you out on it everytime.

Back on topic, I think the talking to many teams for many players bit is actually true, Luongo's obviously wanted by more than 2 teams, and for Doan hopefully the offer isn't too ludicrous. The more and more I think about it, I think Doan's going to sign in Phoenix......but I hope I'm wrong.
Posted Image

#36 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,961 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

Interview (Gilmans on near the beginning of this clip)

Gilmans a crafty man. I've never heard anybody skirt around issues as well as Gilman, I can see why he's such a great negotiator.

He skirted around the Luongo question without even naming names, saying "Mike's on the phone at a constant pace with various teams about various players" and "there's a perception out there that we have to do something, which we really feel is not the case".

Edited by RunningWild, 31 August 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#37 Luongo's Headache

Luongo's Headache

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

OP, do you mean BMI (body mass Index)?
?

GO NUCKS GO!

#38 That Commentator

That Commentator

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:48 PM

OP, do you mean BMI (body mass Index)?
?

No, he means body fat %. BF% is a common abbreviation, just try googling it. BMI is not a good indicator for anyone who puts on any sort of muscle. Afterall, Mason Raymond's BMI is 25.1 (according to his measurements on Canucks.com) which would make him overweight.

#39 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

⊂(◉‿◉)つ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

There are no more issues. I put in an offer to be kassian's BFF!
Posted Image

#40 CmdrAdama

CmdrAdama

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

I have but CH just happens to be the price that we paid to get Kassian. Until Kassian reaches his potential (and there is no way that he even came close last season) we lost the trade. Hopefully Kassian will develop into an even better player than CH will ever be. His attitude and committment shown so far is a step in the right direction and he seems to embrace the challenge.

The step I'd like to see Kassian take, would be a perfect body check into CH, then go score a goal.That will shut everyone up, while at the same time, raising the roof!

#41 Chivas

Chivas

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

I've seen a video a few weeks ago (in these forums I believe} of Kassian jumping and he appeared to have lost alot of weight. He didn't appear to have much body fat then. He'll probably put on some muscle mass before the season starts. He definitely has the potential to be a factor in the playoffs when the going gets tough. CH is going to be a great player, but I think his smaller size might be a negative factor in the playoffs.

#42 McElroy

McElroy

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

Actually Kassian was pretty close to what Hodgson was in his first season. Both put up limited points, saw limited minutes, and got benched in the playoffs. Kassian actually managed to play quite a few more games as a 21 year than Hodgson did, so in reality, he's a step ahead of where he was as a 21 year old. I don't know how many times I have to remind people that Kassian is a year younger...

The thing about Kassian is, if he puts up 30-40 points and is a physical force that intimidates the other team, he would have more value for the Canucks than Hodgson would putting up 50-60 points. Just because we have enough of what Hodgson can bring, and not enough of what Kassian can bring.

This with more time to get comfortable with Canuck systems and Vigneault. Even if he is not scoring, the increased size and speed would be worth waiting for him to find his game.

#43 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:20 AM

And the Hodgson nut-huggers come out of the woodwork again......

I was a big fan of Cody when he was here, but seriously guys, let him go.

RIP LB RR PD

#44 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:48 AM

Jai,hockey fans can dislike and/or cheer for any Canuck (or former Canuck) player they choose.

When any particular player -especially a first round,top ten pick and CHL player of the year- gets bashed or when fans get dictated to and denigrated on this forum (as you have just done),it tends to upset other Canucks hockey fans.

Nobody appreciates being scolded,berated and then dictated to.Canada is not Mother Russia and the internet still allows freedom of speech.
So,please,try to stop telling others what Canucks fans should and should not do or think when it comes to supporting or following a Canuck or in this case,a former Canuck.

Above all else,have a great long weekend ! Canada is a beautiful country.

Edited by nuck nit, 02 September 2012 - 02:13 AM.

#45 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:33 PM

I've seen a video a few weeks ago (in these forums I believe} of Kassian jumping and he appeared to have lost alot of weight. He didn't appear to have much body fat then. He'll probably put on some muscle mass before the season starts. He definitely has the potential to be a factor in the playoffs when the going gets tough. CH is going to be a great player, but I think his smaller size might be a negative factor in the playoffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbsma9gB3LY
^This one right?

Not trying to start anything but I don't think size is a factor, look at St. Louis, Drury, or Briere even, but big guys like Byfuglien, and Lucic obviously play big roles too yeah.
Posted Image

#46 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

Jai,hockey fans can cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry. Cry cry cry, cry cry cry.

Thats all I could gather from the post :(

Edited by G-52, 02 September 2012 - 08:19 PM.

Posted Image

#47 Vaeneir

Vaeneir

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Sorry, Stupid iPhone incomplete post... Full post below... >.<

Edited by Vaeneir, 03 September 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#48 Vaeneir

Vaeneir

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:52 PM

Stupid iPhone incomplete post...

Edited by Vaeneir, 03 September 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#49 Vaeneir

Vaeneir

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

Holy crap, let's set a a couple things straight here!

1. Hodgson fans did not bring Hodgson into this conversation, oldnews did for the purpose of bashIng Hodgson fans.

2. There has been little to no whining and crying, simply people saying "don't tell me how to be a hockey fan."

3. This thread has nothing to do with Hodgson, so Cody-bashers, stop bringing him up. Get back on topic.

For the record, I support Kassian and believe off my own assessment of available information that Cody didn't really want to be here, so don't patronize me as "another butthurt CH fan". I'm not.

#50 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

So this turned into Cody vs Kass?

People complaining about Cody lovers at the same time bringing up Cody.

And lol...I thought Kassian was working on his best friend forever issue. :P

Nice avatar. Terran > the rest
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.