The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Impact of a lockout on the Canucks?

Boudrias

It might not be such a bad thing. An extra year will hurt some of our players but greatly help others.

Ageing Players: Sedins, Luongo, Malhotra, Burrows, Ballard

Players who will benefit from development: Raymond, Kassian, Hansen, Booth, Edler, Tanev

Players who will benefit from a year off by healing injuries: Kesler, Malhotra, Higgins, Booth, Raymond

A year off will really shake up players in terms of their development and freshness to start the next season, and their level of play will greatly depend on which league they play in and how competitive that is.

Im a huge canucks fan and have been since 1987. But there comes a time where you must say enough is enough. If this lockout does happen i will no longer watch hockey, the business side of things have killed it for me. Thank god for the NFL cause fantasy football kinda kicks ass. Good luck canucks i just don't have the time or patience anymore.

Well on the plus side we may see Kesler in the starting lineup by the time they agree on things... Im a little bit worried when i hear the Sedins won't be playing anywhere during the lockout. I don't expect to lose a full year, im hopeful we'll see hockey back in december but a whole year gone would be pretty devastating for this team.

Archived