Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

reloading for many years to come

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

Poll: reloading for many years to come (9 member(s) have cast votes)

phi-van

1. id do it (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. edler is a no go for me (5 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

3. sedin, kesler and couturier as our three prong scoring attack ***drool*** (2 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

4. other (1 votes [11.11%])

fla-van

1. we can get more for luongo (4 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. a blue-chip prospect, a young depth defenseman, a 1st pick 2013 and 5m in cap space...where do i sign!!! (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. fla would be down if it was a 2nd pick instead (1 votes [11.11%])

4. other (1 votes [11.11%])

sj-van

1. fair value, id do it (1 votes [11.11%])

2. i dont wanna give up on connauton (5 votes [55.56%])

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

3. any deal that sends raymond out of town....its hard for me to say "no" (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. other (3 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,981 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

to phi: edler

to van: couturier, read

phi gets their defenseman but it costs them one of their top prospects and a solid depth player....we could get more for edler if he want a UFA at the end of the year

to fla: luongo, schroeder

to van: bjugstad, ellerby, 1st pick 2013

fla gets their franchise goalie back but we get a promising prospect and a young depth defenseman...fla obviously isnt very willing of giving up bjugstad so we haft to send them a adequate replacement on the depth chart in schroeder

to sj: raymond, connauton

to van: demers

sj gets added depth in their top 9 forwards and raymond gets a fresh start . we get a young right handed shot defenseman who hasnt been a given a chance to play and he has no future in sj with boyle, burns, stuart and vlasic all signed for the next two years and demers is ready for more minutes now....it does cost us connauton but

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)
David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)
Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Jason Demers ($1.250m)
Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)
Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Keaton Ellerby ($0.700m)
GOALTENDERS
Cory Schneider ($4.000m)
Dan Ellis ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,165,000; BONUSES: $450,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $9,035,000

a few points:

1) we have couturier, kassian, bjugstad, and jensen all cooking in oven. they are all gonna be ready to go if in two years the sedins are ready to pack up and head home

2)9m in cap space just in case the cap goes down but atleast it gives us money to play with

3) offensive options going forward. couturier, read and bjusgstad can all play the wing or center

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ4V10cVes4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJt24RYF-3w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDLjfux0RVo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xTNtoj5wpc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhjjonv639E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_o1UeUqTOo&feature=relmfu

Edited by billabong, 01 September 2012 - 08:59 AM.

Posted Image

#2 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:12 PM

I wouldn't do the first one but i would do the last two
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#3 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

i like it.

but we only trade edler if we cant resign him

and florida wouldnt do that deal, i would rather do luongo, schroeder, 2014 first round pick and 2013&2014 second round picks for huberdeau and weaver, if we get rid of edler, garrison and weaver were a solid shutdown pair so garrison would play with someone familiar

take connauton out and its good

good idea, we get younger and we are still competitive
Posted Image

#4 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,193 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

All that to put Read on the 2nd line and try and replace Edler's offence and physicality with Demers? It might give us some good young talent coming up, but apart from Couturier I don't think it makes us better right now.

Why would we go after Bjugstad when we already have Henrik and Kesler, and you're proposing to trade for Couturier too? Sure, we can move Couturier to wing, but then where do Jensen, Kassian, Rodin, etc play since we already have a fair amount of wingers as is.

The only deal that helps us is really the Florida deal and I don't think they'd do it. Maybe if they don't have to give up their 1st as well.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#5 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,981 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:48 AM

i like it.

but we only trade edler if we cant resign him

and florida wouldnt do that deal, i would rather do luongo, schroeder, 2014 first round pick and 2013&2014 second round picks for huberdeau and weaver, if we get rid of edler, garrison and weaver were a solid shutdown pair so garrison would play with someone familiar

take connauton out and its good

good idea, we get younger and we are still competitive

im skeptical if fla would do this deal or not but id still do it if it was a 2nd pick instead. huberdeau aint going nowhere, i would love to have him but it isnt gonna happen and weaver is too small for the west.

i cant decide if sj would be down for a raymond/demers swip swap...ive been going back and forth
Posted Image

#6 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,981 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

All that to put Read on the 2nd line and try and replace Edler's offence and physicality with Demers? It might give us some good young talent coming up, but apart from Couturier I don't think it makes us better right now.

Why would we go after Bjugstad when we already have Henrik and Kesler, and you're proposing to trade for Couturier too? Sure, we can move Couturier to wing, but then where do Jensen, Kassian, Rodin, etc play since we already have a fair amount of wingers as is.

The only deal that helps us is really the Florida deal and I don't think they'd do it. Maybe if they don't have to give up their 1st as well.

not all prospects will turn out, look at edm with paajarvi he could very easily just get pushed out with all the competition...or just fade away entirely

but if they do walk we need to have a back up plan to step right in....i consider having kassian, couturier, bjugstad, and jensen all nhl ready in 2-3 years a good problem...if we have too many nhl ready prospects that we dont know what to with then id be a pretty happy camper ::D
Posted Image

#7 Blueberries

Blueberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

I would love Sean Couturier not to sure about Read. But until we cant get Edler to sign I wouldnt trade him.

2pzbeb6.jpg

THANKS TO VINTAGE CANUCK FOR THE AWESOME SIG!!

#8 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,193 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:22 AM

not all prospects will turn out, look at edm with paajarvi he could very easily just get pushed out with all the competition...or just fade away entirely

but if they do walk we need to have a back up plan to step right in....i consider having kassian, couturier, bjugstad, and jensen all nhl ready in 2-3 years a good problem...if we have too many nhl ready prospects that we dont know what to with then id be a pretty happy camper ::D

And I consider having Edler as a pending UFA next summer a good problem too. There's no indication he wants to leave or is asking too much. Having guys like Schroeder and Connauton, who we've drafted and brought up in our system, and Luongo are also good problems for us right now.

Could we improve? Yes, having a chance to get someone like Bjugstad with the ability to move Luongo is proof of that. That doesn't mean we have to go crazy because we can't get a 100% guarantee that someone will stay with us.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.