The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

reloading for many years to come

billabong

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

to phi: edler

to van: couturier, read

phi gets their defenseman but it costs them one of their top prospects and a solid depth player....we could get more for edler if he want a UFA at the end of the year

to fla: luongo, schroeder

to van: bjugstad, ellerby, 1st pick 2013

fla gets their franchise goalie back but we get a promising prospect and a young depth defenseman...fla obviously isnt very willing of giving up bjugstad so we haft to send them a adequate replacement on the depth chart in schroeder

to sj: raymond, connauton

to van: demers

sj gets added depth in their top 9 forwards and raymond gets a fresh start . we get a young right handed shot defenseman who hasnt been a given a chance to play and he has no future in sj with boyle, burns, stuart and vlasic all signed for the next two years and demers is ready for more minutes now....it does cost us connauton but

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m)

David Booth ($4.250m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Dale Weise ($0.615m)

Andrew Ebbett ($0.600m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Jason Demers ($1.250m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) / Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) / Keaton Ellerby ($0.700m)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Dan Ellis ($1.500m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $61,165,000; BONUSES: $450,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $9,035,000

a few points:

1) we have couturier, kassian, bjugstad, and jensen all cooking in oven. they are all gonna be ready to go if in two years the sedins are ready to pack up and head home

2)9m in cap space just in case the cap goes down but atleast it gives us money to play with

3) offensive options going forward. couturier, read and bjusgstad can all play the wing or center

i like it.

but we only trade edler if we cant resign him

and florida wouldnt do that deal, i would rather do luongo, schroeder, 2014 first round pick and 2013&2014 second round picks for huberdeau and weaver, if we get rid of edler, garrison and weaver were a solid shutdown pair so garrison would play with someone familiar

take connauton out and its good

good idea, we get younger and we are still competitive

All that to put Read on the 2nd line and try and replace Edler's offence and physicality with Demers? It might give us some good young talent coming up, but apart from Couturier I don't think it makes us better right now.

Why would we go after Bjugstad when we already have Henrik and Kesler, and you're proposing to trade for Couturier too? Sure, we can move Couturier to wing, but then where do Jensen, Kassian, Rodin, etc play since we already have a fair amount of wingers as is.

The only deal that helps us is really the Florida deal and I don't think they'd do it. Maybe if they don't have to give up their 1st as well.

i like it.

but we only trade edler if we cant resign him

and florida wouldnt do that deal, i would rather do luongo, schroeder, 2014 first round pick and 2013&2014 second round picks for huberdeau and weaver, if we get rid of edler, garrison and weaver were a solid shutdown pair so garrison would play with someone familiar

take connauton out and its good

good idea, we get younger and we are still competitive

All that to put Read on the 2nd line and try and replace Edler's offence and physicality with Demers? It might give us some good young talent coming up, but apart from Couturier I don't think it makes us better right now.

Why would we go after Bjugstad when we already have Henrik and Kesler, and you're proposing to trade for Couturier too? Sure, we can move Couturier to wing, but then where do Jensen, Kassian, Rodin, etc play since we already have a fair amount of wingers as is.

The only deal that helps us is really the Florida deal and I don't think they'd do it. Maybe if they don't have to give up their 1st as well.

not all prospects will turn out, look at edm with paajarvi he could very easily just get pushed out with all the competition...or just fade away entirely

but if they do walk we need to have a back up plan to step right in....i consider having kassian, couturier, bjugstad, and jensen all nhl ready in 2-3 years a good problem...if we have too many nhl ready prospects that we dont know what to with then id be a pretty happy camper ::D

Archived