The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Edm

Ok, so i realize that we are in the same division and this is unlikely but i think it would make sense.

To Van: Paajarvi and a first

To Edm: Luongo

Obviously edmonton would love to get a top goalie and they would be top contenders for years, it would also give them time to draft and develop a top goalie and give dubnyk more time to develop as well

Vancouver gets a big forward for the second line and a first round pick that has the potential to be high.

IMO Paajarvi had one bad year, (the sophomore slump) and now evryone thinks hes no good. i say we take a chance on him and hope he can return to the form that made him a part of the trio of hall, ebere, paajarvi. its a high risk, high reward situation plus we get a first round pick that should be a decent prospect

If we want to shed more salary we could add ballard then add peckham and a pick

Paajarvi+ works for me to start, but I'm not sure I'd want to just get just a pick in return (unless the Oil tank again and the 1st becomes valuable); would rather get another young roster piece or prospect that stands the chance to help the team right away

EDIT: maybe Paajarvi, Hemsky and lower pick for Lu, then swap Hemmer for a center? The team's depth isn't that good at center and it could still use improve in the Top 9 (unless Arnott comes)

Never ever has there been a trade involving a marquee player between teams in the same division. I challenge you to find one. Paajarvi alone might be too high profile, as most inter-division trades are for depth prospects or picks at best, but perhaps some similar prospects going the other way might do it.

Never ever has there been a trade involving a marquee player between teams in the same division. I challenge you to find one. Paajarvi alone might be too high profile, as most inter-division trades are for depth prospects or picks at best, but perhaps some similar prospects going the other way might do it.

hmm, maybe dealing Lu for MPS would be excessive; however, I doubt that any of the available prospects (would rather not trade Lack to them unless Lu brings back someone like Theodore or Reimer to be 1A-1B with Cory for the foreseeable future) such as Sauve would be of interest, they seem to already have their fair share of defensive D-men (Sutton, Smid, Nick Schultz, Peckham, Teubert to come) and they have puck movers already (Whitney, Petry, Potter) so Connauton would also be lower in their ranks.

If (and it's an unlikely if) MPS doesn't perform, would the Oil be willing to swap Magnus for the established Raymond who would at least fit into the 3rd line and still has potential to regain his Top-6 form? (This scenario's tough because it's not as though the win-now Canucks would want to deal away any roster pieces and Lu would make them pretty dangerous, but our prospects are also more quantity than quality, whereas Raymond, like Paajarvi are enigmas with potential to be strong Top-6 wingers).

Esposito!

Not much bigger name in the game at the time of his deal between NYR and Boston?

Wasnt L.A. / Edmonton in the same division when Gretzky was moved? Less sure about that but?

He was pretty good...

The Oilers just gave Dubnyk 3.5M so I think they definitely feel he is their guy. Plus Luongo will be either just at the end or past his prime by the time the Oilers are real contenders. Paajarvi and a 1st is a lot to give up. Especially for a goalie. Their market value isn't that high.

I get the feeling that Dubnyk is to Edmonton what Pavelec is to Winnipeg. They seem to know they have something great in him, but their defense brings down his numbers substantially so the rest of the league has a hard time seeing it. Or at least that's the impression I get, I don't watch many Edmonton games.

Archived