The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Video] Together We Can

Froggy Fresh

Everyone's greedy here. The players, the owners, the NHL, NHLPA.

To say the players and owners aren't making enough is ridiculous.

Hockey hasn't been growing this well in a long time and is finally starting to get really strong in the US, especially after the attendance figures past the NBA's this past year. Lets not start a lockout and ruin that for everyone. Not just the business part of hockey but the future of young kids who want to grow up playing and watching hockey.

I hope all sides come to their senses so we can all watch and play this glorious sport. Also, that's an absolutely amazing video.

Edit: Watched it 3 times now. So much emotion in this video, its not like any other hockey video I've ever seen, it just oozes of hockey.

Everyone's greedy here. The players, the owners, the NHL, NHLPA.

To say the players and owners aren't making enough is ridiculous.

Hockey hasn't been growing this well in a long time and is finally starting to get really strong in the US, especially after the attendance figures past the NBA's this past year. Lets not start a lockout and ruin that for everyone. Not just the business part of hockey but the future of young kids who want to grow up playing and watching hockey.

I hope all sides come to their senses so we can all watch and play this glorious sport. Also, that's an absolutely amazing video.

Edit: Watched it 3 times now. So much emotion in this video, its not like any other hockey video I've ever seen, it just oozes of hockey.

Really touching video.. Made my eyes watery.

I was so optimistic at the beginning of the summer about the negotiations, but whenever Bettman opens his mouth he takes any hope I have away. I seriously can't imagine having ANOTHER season (in the years I've watched at least) without hockey. I don't even know how to feel right now because the news gets worse every meeting.

It's also very unfortunate to all of those losing their day jobs at various arenas if they lockout delays or cancels the season..

Here's to a delay at the most. We need our hockey.

As awe-inspiring and motivating as that video was, the fact of the matter is that this labour dispute is still about people and money and powerful people getting more of the share for themselves (as reflected in the video), and as sad as it is it's not as though some passionate hockey "moments" will be enough to suddenly flip a switch in the owners' minds so that they'll back down on the share that they want.

Hockey is hockey, life is life, revenue/ profit will be important in this struggling economy (as it's always been an important factor in contract negotiations), and when all is said and done people again will fend for themselves.

I'm with you all on wanting only a short lock-out but don't hold your breath, CDC, esp. not because of a video like this (I admire the passion but let's face it here, you're talking about negotiating with experienced, professional businessmen to give up money that they could earn. Unless they somehow get another perk to alleviate the loss of that large cut of revenue they'll lock them out, at least for the time being).

Amazing how people say this is Bettman's fault. Let's put it this way: the players were happy to get back to playing in 2005 with a cap of $39 million. Now 7 years later, and with just about no inflation in the world since then, the owners are offering a cap of $58 million for next year and the players have no interest in even voting on this. They act as if the NHL offer takes away all their gain- but 39 to 58, not that bad. I can`t see how this lock out is all Bettman`s fault. Add to this that Fehr would not open the negotiations until May and well, it makes it even harder to only blame Bettman. It`s like the school teachers in BC, you know that every contract will be a conflict, been like this for decades and will continue like this. It`s not the people at the top.

How about we stop bleeding the fans wallets dry before we start telling the fans that this isn't about the money. These guys make millions to play sports. I do believe everyone has a right to make a living but I'm not gonna cry because some guy wants another 2 million to play hockey. What a joke.

Archived