The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What rule changes would you like to have?

TACIC

What would you like to have as a rule change?Post your ideas and how they work and say how it will change/help the league.

Helmet Camera:It is my idea for seeing the Anne from a players perspective.They should make it so it's a tiny camera that is not heavy and sticks to the logo area of the front of the helmet.

• A coaches challenge should be added.

• I also feel like a kicking motion disqualifying a goal should only be so if the puck is noticeably being swept in by the foot. The motion of the foot associated with an inadvertent or intentional use of tipping the puck in the net should be 100% legal.

I would suggest these.

1) allow icing from outside the blue line. instead of when currently over center.

2) icing from on the blue line or behind it is a 2 min penalty for delay of game (havent decided if auto icing or not to prevent injury )

3) Allow the goalies to play the puck , but also allow them to get clobbered if they do outside their crease. No more trapezoid.

4) Every time there is a stoppage the team that causes it cannot change. Deflections and goalposts do not count. If there is shared blame then both can change.

5) Actually enforce the face off penalty

6) Allow the players to bat the puck to each other as long as the puck is on the ice.

7) make directing the puck in the net illegal. No more direct kicking motion nonsense. It has to be by deflection or accident or doesnt count period. Any doubt means no goal. The game is supposed to be scoring goals with a hockey stick.

8) Get rid of the center line. Only need center ice dot.

9) Teams penalized can choose to give the offended team a penalty shot or 2 min penalty. In case of a 4 min penalty, you can give the other team a combo

2 min 5 on 3

4 min 5 on 4 or 4 on 3 if already 4 on 4

1 penalty shot and a 2 min penalty

2 penalty shots

5 min majors have to be served.

It would be nice if the reffs could just enforced what we have now...

That being said, the number one rule I want to see changed isn't even a written rule. But the rules should stay the same in the playoffs as they are in the regular season. Plain and simple. But it's just some weird hockey tradition that I doubt the old boys club will ever change.

I would like to have penatlies being reviewed. It has be to fast though. For example for cases were players dive and draw the call. BUt then the refs can do another review in slow motion type of thing. If in fact it looks like the player was cleary diving, automatic 4 minute. Example I mean is Dustin Brown. He draws a penalty. Or the punks who pretended they got high sticked in the face, Referee can quickly review it, if it looks like the face didn't get hit by the stick, but they still "snapped" their head back automatic 4.

Archived