Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

What rule changes would you like to have?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#31 Beluga Whale

Beluga Whale

Trust me I'm a whale

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

Take out the stupid delay of game penalty.

bluuuuga.png

#32 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

Get rid of that stupid puck over the glass Delay of Game penalty.
Just make it like icing, and don't let the team make a line change.

Say meow, thats a smart idea. I'm all for that.

Ive never liked the instigator, and diving needs to be cracked down on.

dontforgettolentil.png

#33 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:22 PM

I would suggest these.

1) allow icing from outside the blue line. instead of when currently over center.

2) icing from on the blue line or behind it is a 2 min penalty for delay of game (havent decided if auto icing or not to prevent injury )

3) Allow the goalies to play the puck , but also allow them to get clobbered if they do outside their crease. No more trapezoid.

4) Every time there is a stoppage the team that causes it cannot change. Deflections and goalposts do not count. If there is shared blame then both can change.

5) Actually enforce the face off penalty

6) Allow the players to bat the puck to each other as long as the puck is on the ice.

7) make directing the puck in the net illegal. No more direct kicking motion nonsense. It has to be by deflection or accident or doesnt count period. Any doubt means no goal. The game is supposed to be scoring goals with a hockey stick.

8) Get rid of the center line. Only need center ice dot.

9) Teams penalized can choose to give the offended team a penalty shot or 2 min penalty. In case of a 4 min penalty, you can give the other team a combo

2 min 5 on 3

4 min 5 on 4 or 4 on 3 if already 4 on 4

1 penalty shot and a 2 min penalty

2 penalty shots

5 min majors have to be served.

Ill take some of what hes having.

Posted Image

#34 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:50 PM

I've thought for years that there should be no offsides or icing in 4-on-4 overtime. This would open tonnes of new scoring opportunities and offensive set-plays. Far fewer games would make it to a shoot-out. Creativity would blossom. Wins would feel more satisfying. Player stats would increase somewhat. GWGs would become a more meaningful stat.

#35 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

I think this was the rule way back in the day, but how about players serving the full two minutes of a penalty, even if a goal is scored? Surely, that would boost scoring. Imagine the long skate back to the bench after the other team scores 3 PP goals in 2 minutes. ::D

#36 TACIC

TACIC

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

I've thought for years that there should be no offsides or icing in 4-on-4 overtime. This would open tonnes of new scoring opportunities and offensive set-plays. Far fewer games would make it to a shoot-out. Creativity would blossom. Wins would feel more satisfying. Player stats would increase somewhat. GWGs would become a more meaningful stat.

you can do that in NHL12 :bigblush:
AUmxe4h.gif
Credit to JimLahey for this awesome sig

TACIC

Yes i am a Leafs fan too, DEAL WITH IT!!

Go Canucks Go!

#37 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Get rid of that stupid puck over the glass Delay of Game penalty.
Just make it like icing, and don't let the team make a line change.

There's no repercussion for endlessly shooting the puck out of the rink. At least if you ice it there's a chance they intercept it and score.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#38 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,792 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

My list of Rule changes I'd like:
1. Mandatory visors for all players entering the league. This limits a lot of unnecessary eye and upper face injuries.

2. *Not really a rule change* Add a net cam so refs can better determine questionable goals.

3. Get rid of the Trapezoid. I never understood why they added this in the first place. Weren't they trying to increase offense? Let goalies play the puck and help their team with offense more. Also, if goalies exit their crease, contact is permitted.

4. For penalties, instead of eliminating the free icing like some people suggest, I'd say just make it so the defending team has to get past their own blue line before icing the puck. This makes power plays more effective therefore both increasing offense and decreasing penalties.

5. For OT, just extend it. Keep it 4-on-4, but make it 7 or 8 minutes. This makes shootout more of a rarity. I like shootouts, but I feel like they should be a rarity like only 2 or 3 per season for each team.

6. Instead of a 2-minute penalty for shooting the puck over the glass, treat it like an icing. No change and faceoff in your own zone. Less extreme. A 2-minute penalty is pretty over the top.

Edited by ajhockey, 02 September 2012 - 08:01 PM.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#39 brewdog

brewdog

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:59 AM

Since I'm not a goalie, I'm going to gingerly say that I'm listening more and more when people start talking about making the nets bigger. Six inches (brazzers) could make quite a difference. I wonder, though, if goalies would be more prone to blowing out their groins (more brazzers) trying to go post-to-post.

I agree that the trapezoid should go. If your goalie can play the puck like Kirk McLean, let him do it. If your goalie is a nutcase who thinks he's a 3rd defenseman like Marty Turco, let him make some crazy plays that end up in the back of his net.

No-touch icing should be a no-brainer. I don't know what's taking so long. Bettman is the only person who goes on camera to say that it's an exciting part of the game.

Not really a rule change, but I wish all games were miked and uncensored like HBO 24/7.

#40 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 06:02 AM

No more face-offs in neutral zone. Only exception is beginning of period and after a goal.
Also, if you are killing a penalty all face-offs are in your zone.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#41 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

- No Trapezoid, I think we are all in agreement here.
- Maximum 7 years contracts
- Manditory visors
- Revert to smaller padding
- 10 Minute overtime, 5 min at 5vs5, 5 minutes at 4vs4
- Shootout is 5 shooters per side.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.