The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Snowboard & Ski Thread

Armada

great board squeak, the aspen light core gives it lots of pop and feel in the pow , and the sintered 4000 base allows it to carry speed .

Thanks - it was a difficult to get it at a reasonable price. I was able to get it for $279.99 (reg price when I bought it was $569.99) but had to order it online, then ship to a P.O. box in the states, then bring it back over.

I for sure will be doing Big White, Sun Peaks and Whistler this year.

Trying to plan a weekend to Revelstoke, but don't know if I can get another full weekend in with trips already planned for Sun Peaks and Big White.

Thanks - it was a difficult to get it at a reasonable price. I was able to get it for $279.99 (reg price when I bought it was $569.99) but had to order it online, then ship to a P.O. box in the states, then bring it back over.

I for sure will be doing Big White, Sun Peaks and Whistler this year.

Trying to plan a weekend to Revelstoke, but don't know if I can get another full weekend in with trips already planned for Sun Peaks and Big White.

recomended retail over here in australia is $799 , you got a bargain .

i know it is a bit further for you but you should give red mountain go , there is a lot of really good lines there .

also whitewater , which is just outside nelson , kinda like backcountry with a couple of lifts , but lots of hiking .

recomended retail over here in australia is $799 , you got a bargain .

i know it is a bit further for you but you should give red mountain go , there is a lot of really good lines there .

also whitewater , which is just outside nelson , kinda like backcountry with a couple of lifts , but lots of hiking .

How about Silverton mountain?

There's one chair lift on this behemoth of a mountain (13,000feet), not one single groomed run, not a lot of people, big mountain riding, great lines and straight powder. You basically make your own runs cause there's no set runs.

How about Silverton mountain?

There's one chair lift on this behemoth of a mountain (13,000feet), not one single groomed run, not a lot of people, big mountain riding, great lines and straight powder. You basically make your own runs cause there's no set runs.

trail_map.jpg

Had never heard of this place before .

looks really good :) , a mix of lift accessed and hiking terrain .

i can see a line skiers right of billboard no.3 down into the maze that i would love to do .

I ride a Lib Tech T.Rice Board

Rome bindings

Thirty Two boots

Whistler/Blackcomb, All locals+Hemlock, Mt.Baker and usually one or two trips up to Revy/Golden for sledding and steeps.

Excited for the season! The best way to enjoy our Wet coast winter.

I'm still shocked not everyone snowboards or skis here on the West Coast.

We've got the best mountain range in the world and its right in our back yard.

Speaking of mountain ranges, I wanna go to Japan one day, apparently they have some of the best powder ever.

I'm still shocked not everyone snowboards or skis here on the West Coast.

We've got the best mountain range in the world and its right in our back yard.

Speaking of mountain ranges, I wanna go to Japan one day, apparently they have some of the best powder ever.

yeah but most of the terrian is pretty flat .

if you go to japan go to hakuba , niseko gets more snow but the terrain is crap .

tokyo is an incredible city and the japanese people are some of the politest, honest people i have ever interacted with .

yeah but most of the terrian is pretty flat .

if you go to japan go to hakuba , niseko gets more snow but the terrain is crap .

tokyo is an incredible city and the japanese people are some of the politest, honest people i have ever interacted with .

Definitely heard great things about that country, its on the list of things to see and do.

If I could just win the lottery and live my life skiing around the world. That's the dream.

ultrafear153_final.jpg

My board 2011 153 Ultrafear, I ride contraband bindings but if I have the money I'm definitely getting a different pair of binders, I can't get those ???? things to fit right.

I use to ride Grouse and Whistler but now I live in Quebec for the winters so I got a pass for Mont Saint Saveur, It's a really nice hill pretty comparable to Grouse or Cypress with a bit less vertical, but the park they set up there destroys the BC locals. I do miss powder days at Whis though, those were the best days. Hopefully I'll get up to Tremblant for the first time this year.

My board 2011 153 Ultrafear, I ride contraband bindings but if I have the money I'm definitely getting a different pair of binders, I can't get those ???? things to fit right.

I use to ride Grouse and Whistler but now I live in Quebec for the winters so I got a pass for Mont Saint Saveur, It's a really nice hill pretty comparable to Grouse or Cypress with a bit less vertical, but the park they set up there destroys the BC locals. I do miss powder days at Whis though, those were the best days. Hopefully I'll get up to Tremblant for the first time this year.

Awesome board! Love Capita's graphics on all their boards.

How big are the mountains there, I hear the snows great, not deep but still good.

The mountains in QC are ok in size about the same as Grouse I guess nothing compared to Whistler obviously but I've also never been to Tremblant which is supposed to be the big one there.

The snow on the other hand is incredible it's probably about 15 degrees colder so it makes for this super light dry powder. It's true it doesn't get as deep but you'll never have to deal with heavy ass slush in February.

La_Grave_ski_area_trail_map.jpg

This will be the place i go to on my next overseas ski-trip.

La Grave is a stunning and wild mountain area. The term Ski Resort is barely appropriate; apart from the limited glacier skiing noted below, La Grave has no pistes or marked runs. There is a single telecabine that potters up to 3200 metres, pausing for a quick pick-up at an intermediate lift station with the elaborate name of 'P1'. From the top, there is no easy way down and you are warned that you proceed at your own risk - and they mean it.

That looks phenomenal. That tiny town only has 500 people in it too. Truly jealous.

Literally looks like you'd be on top of the world and looks steep. How much does it cost you to get to the Alps from Australia. I've been the Alps once when crossing from Italy to France and the only mountain I went up on is Mont-Blanc, really gave me an idea of how truly massive those mountains are.

I recently started boarding again last season and needed a new board badly but was tight on budget.

Managed to find an 07 Forum Grudge JP Walker for $40 hah. Oldie but a goody.

grudge.jpg

Good price, sick simple graphics but I'm not gonna lie I hate the ICS track system for the bindings. I feel like the bindings will slide up and down on it when you ride on it. I much prefer the 3 or 4 pin system.

But in the end I wish it was that easy the mount bindings on skis as it was on snowboards.

Good price, sick simple graphics but I'm not gonna lie I hate the ICS track system for the bindings. I feel like the bindings will slide up and down on it when you ride on it. I much prefer the 3 or 4 pin system.

But in the end I wish it was that easy the mount bindings on skis as it was on snowboards.

TBH I thought I would hate the ICS but I actually really don't mind it. It's been rock solid for me so far.

Love the tone-on-tone holographic type pattern haha.

I'll be looking into some new boards later but for now this is fine :)

That looks phenomenal. That tiny town only has 500 people in it too. Truly jealous.

Literally looks like you'd be on top of the world and looks steep. How much does it cost you to get to the Alps from Australia. I've been the Alps once when crossing from Italy to France and the only mountain I went up on is Mont-Blanc, really gave me an idea of how truly massive those mountains are.

the cheapest fare i can find at the moment is $1360 return , which i consider a bargain .

within five minutes of walking out of the resturant at the top of the cable car you can be in a life or death situtation .

there are avelanches, crevasses, exposed lines every where , no ski-patrol , it is all up to you .

the cheapest fare i can find at the moment is $1360 return , which i consider a bargain .

within five minutes of walking out of the resturant at the top of the cable car you can be in a life or death situtation .

there are avelanches, crevasses, exposed lines every where , no ski-patrol , it is all up to you .

That's a fantastic deal but its gonna be one long flight...

Sounds like an overdose from the adrenaline you'll get. In other words pure awesomeness.

Archived