The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Snowboard & Ski Thread

Armada

Pretty excited for the upcoming season myself. This will be the first year I get to go up multiple times.

I wanted to invest in a good snowboard jacket this year, but am a little daunted at all the selection and brands out there. Maybe some of the experts could steer me in the right direction. I have a budget of about $300, willing to go a little higher if necessary. Any good brands, or shops around the Fraser Valley, or even websites I should look into?

Pretty excited for the upcoming season myself. This will be the first year I get to go up multiple times.

I wanted to invest in a good snowboard jacket this year, but am a little daunted at all the selection and brands out there. Maybe some of the experts could steer me in the right direction. I have a budget of about $300, willing to go a little higher if necessary. Any good brands, or shops around the Fraser Valley, or even websites I should look into?

$300.00 is a great price.

Best place to buy Snowboard jackets is the Boardroom on West 4th in Vancouver or the one in North Van.

Or if you wanna order online try out evo.com -That's where I get most of my stuff.

As for brands, there's plenty out there, it just depends which one you like the most. Maybe you want to match it too your board? Any specific materials (Gore-Tex?), how about colours, or specific designs?

These are the brands I'd choose:

Burton: http://ca.burton.com...default,sc.html

Ride: http://ridesnowboard...ar/mens/jackets

Other jackets: Oakley, 686, Helly Hanson, Quicksilver, DC and a few others.

As long as you don't get those Firefly or Ripzone jackets from sportschek I'm fine. I can't stand those.

Speaking about outfits. This is my Armada Bolt jacket which matches my orange Electric EG2 goggles and the skis but I still have yet to get new pants. I'm planning on either Black, Grey or Beige?

timthumb.jpg

EG2Orange.jpg

Just ordered some of these beautiful hoodies

Hoody-e1318313625903.jpg

Wish it came with the girls.

If anyone doesn't know what the USC Ski and Snowboard team is, they're one of the best University/College ski teams in the US and on top of that Abe Kislevitz makes some amazing youtube edits on his channel here -> USC Ski Team youtube channel

Just ordered some of these beautiful hoodies

Hoody-e1318313625903.jpg

Wish it came with the girls.

If anyone doesn't know what the USC Ski and Snowboard team is, they're one of the best University/College ski teams in the US and on top of that Abe Kislevitz makes some amazing youtube edits on his channel here -> USC Ski Team youtube channel

Bloody USC, beaches during the day, mountains at night.

I hate them <_<

I am from australia, so like the ratiocinator i usually stay to either hotham or sometimes Mt buller which is about an hour closer to where i live. I went up to big white earlier this year and loved it so much im going back next year.

Australian and loves Big White.

Count me as SHOCKED.

Have you been to Big White?

I swear it's North Australia.

Squeak i would just like to point out that i am from victoria in southern australia , we have to to tolerate extreme predjudice from northern australians , who call us mexicans , [south of the border] , being a northern australian is kinda like being french canadian , at least the australian half is alright :lol:

big white is owned by an australian , Peter Schumann , and his sister Jane owns silver star .

Whistler might as well secede and join Australia.

Banff is funny too, so many Australians living there, and they almost all say they would move to Whistler if it weren't for all the Australians in Whistler.

Those damn Australians are taking all of our jobs. With all the Aussies there I can't help but wonder if the ski resorts down under are run by Canadians?

Haven't been on the slopes in a couple years and I am stoked for this winter.

Burton Bullet - 164 is what I ride up here in PG at Powder KIng. Red-neck riding at its finest, but the snow is GREAT.

Even a 164 is a little on the short side for me, but I prefer not to have a giant plank under my feet, it's bad enough that it has to be wide with my size 13 snowshoes. LOL

Squeak i would just like to point out that i am from victoria in southern australia , we have to to tolerate extreme predjudice from northern australians , who call us mexicans , [south of the border] , being a northern australian is kinda like being french canadian , at least the australian half is alright :lol:

big white is owned by an australian , Peter Schumann , and his sister Jane owns silver star .

Guess I should've said - Australia of the North :)

Anyone here ever been a ski instructor?

I registered for the CSIA level 1 lessons on Cypress in January.

I've never actually worked as an instructor yet but I got my level 1 snowboard cert at Cypress 2 winters ago.

It's a super easy course if you pay attention and memorize all the techniques and steps they give you for teaching.

I'm not gonna lie though this course was the least fun I've ever had snowboarding they'll probably make you do some really boring stuff but it's definitely worth it in the end.

Anyone here ever been a ski instructor?

I registered for the CSIA level 1 lessons on Cypress in January.

Mate don't do it , we call ski-instructors seagulls for the obvious reasons :lol: , seriously the first few years are hell, beginner groups, lessons on gentle slopes .

get a job as a dish pig , bartender , any night work so you can ski all day .

In my opinion Holden has the nicest looking jackets for snowboarding and $300 is perfect for their higher end price range. http://www.holdenouterwear.com/

I got the Tarquin in red plaid it's sooo slick

I've never actually worked as an instructor yet but I got my level 1 snowboard cert at Cypress 2 winters ago.

It's a super easy course if you pay attention and memorize all the techniques and steps they give you for teaching.

I'm not gonna lie though this course was the least fun I've ever had snowboarding they'll probably make you do some really boring stuff but it's definitely worth it in the end.

Awesome stuff.

I've already done all the online stuff, looks pretty basic, maybe I'll get my lvl 2 afterwards.

Mate don't do it , we call ski-instructors seagulls for the obvious reasons :lol: , seriously the first few years are hell, beginner groups, lessons on gentle slopes .

get a job as a dish pig , bartender , any night work so you can ski all day .

I just want to work on the mountain.

We'll see how I like it after the first year. The perks are great.

If not I wouldn't mind working as a repair guy, waxing the skis, mounting the bindings up there, etc...

Archived