The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Issues when the new Port Mann opens...

Bossy

I understand your frustration, but that's a little much. TransLink has shown through their actions that SOTF is not a priority. It's not a about white people it's about population. But wait... Surrey has a population of 470,000 and Burnaby has 225,000. If Burnaby has 4 SkyTrain stations, shouldn't Surrey have 8? Someone will say everyone in Surrey drives. Yes... they do. Because taking bus and skytrain added 2 hours to their commute.

Obstuse?

One (maybe two) meetings about how to get more transit isn't exactly regular meeting about how to withdraw from Metro Vancouver/Translink (which was the original claim lest we forget). This would be a lot simpler if you just admit you...exaggerated for effect.

By my math and based on the population density numbers posted that should put Surrey at about 6.6 stations...let's round that to 7 ;) So they currently have 4 which means we could continue it down Fraser Highway to 152nd ( good access for the Guildford corridor), then say 176 (lots of land there to make a nice park and ride) and then 200th (smack dab in the middle of Langley. Poof! seven stations!

Two meetings between April and June seems pretty "regular" to me...You don't think there's discussion of them leaving Translink? :lol: There were sarcastic Sun/Province articles written about just that as you pointed out earlier. They have (and likely will continue to) discussed it.

Anyway...this is a thread derail as per you usual M.O....I've given you the info I'll no longer participate in your silly tangent.

Actually the Millenium Line hasn't shown that at all, it's such a waste of a line. And the Canada Line route was already running through a fairly dense corridor in the most dense city in the lower mainland.

I actually support extending Skytrain in Surrey but I'm not sure if it'll work. I think cheap property rates will always trump living close to transit for those south of the Fraser, especially for the majority residents who are so damn attached to their cars.

Can't see them justifying it anytime soon due to the sea-to-sky upgrades.

But it now takes me 90 minutes from my door in Port Coquitlam to base 2 parking lot on Blackcomb during the winter.................... so can't really complain.

Haha I didn't say NOBODY rides it, but it certainly hasn't become a magnet for density. Braid, Production Way, Lake City Way, Sperling Burnaby Lake, Holdom, Gilmore... not much inspiring about the development in those areas. Lougheed and Brentwood at least have malls, but beyond that there's not much exciting there either.

A line to UBC or a line to the airport (Canada line hadn't been built yet obviously) would have been a much better decision at the time.

What's the point? I've been living in Surrey for a while and have felt that the bus system is more than adequate. I rarely see a bus at capacity on my travels through-out surrey.

If the current system isn't reaching capacity, what's the point of running a billion dollar train?

Archived