The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Issues when the new Port Mann opens...

Bossy

Shout at the moon? Nope.

Have a rational conversation with the mayor and explain why the business case for translink will always be to tax our community while not providing any hope of service improvements? You bet! Give him some excellent ideas of what to let the mayor of delta know about how the Port Mann bridge is going to gridlock his community? Perhaps if he is interested.

There's no reason to keep contributing to a system that only wants to apply sticks in the form of taxes to alter our behaviour but refuses to provide carrots in the form of alternatives.

It's not a threat I dont' think that any amount of whining, reasoning, shouting, threatening, pleading, begging, extolling, or any other form of logic, threat, or manipulation will ever result in translink doing any sort of meaningful transit expansion south of the fraser. There's always going to be a better business case north of the river and there will always be more drivers to punish south of the river under our current arrangement.

That's why the southern municipalities should just leave translink. If we have to leave the GVRD as a whole to do so so be it.

Or right from your article something I already looked up in anticipation only to be disapointed...

Oh boy! The supplemental milk run bus to the milk run bus now comes every 20 minutes in the morning instead of on the half hour!

As it turns out I can get a ride to sktryain in the morning but even that does me no good since I then have a milk run bus ride back south that takes well over an hour though it does have some confusing additional milk run buses tossed in.

How about cancel the additional buses or at least consider running the EXPRESS!!!!!!!!

And while were at it do it every ten mins at least during both rush hours!!!!!!!

All three bridges across the Fraser are stupidly congested. The transit in the Valley is literally just the skytrain in Surrey with 4 stations. North of the Valley is nothing but old, ugly houses with small lots that look like they're in 3rd world countries or overpriced condo's. But no, we need to build the evergreen line so we can have an undersused money hole.

Sickening, I'm moving to Toronto. My cousin will easily get me a high paying job, this city is dying.

I understand your frustration, but that's a little much. TransLink has shown through their actions that SOTF is not a priority. It's not a about white people it's about population. But wait... Surrey has a population of 470,000 and Burnaby has 225,000. If Burnaby has 4 SkyTrain stations, shouldn't Surrey have 8? Someone will say everyone in Surrey drives. Yes... they do. Because taking bus and skytrain added 2 hours to their commute.

Inane is right here. It is about density. The population in Surrey is spread out and is growing quickly. Two reasons why there aren't more Sky Train stations in the municipality. Also I find the previous comment about white versus visible minority as a reason why Surrey doesn't have more Sky Train stations as dangerously ignorant.

Inane is right here. It is about density. The population in Surrey is spread out and is growing quickly. Two reasons why there aren't more Sky Train stations in the municipality. Also I find the previous comment about white versus visible minority as a reason why Surrey doesn't have more Sky Train stations as dangerously ignorant.

I've lived in Surrey for most of my life and the only two places that would seem logical to extend the Skytrain in Surrey would be to the Guildford Mall area and the Newton core near the wave pool and transit hub. Beyond those two places I don't see any other places right now where it would be needed.

To accomplish that would, I assume, costs billions of dollars in terms of the government purchasing land, demolition, and construction. A huge headache when instead they can do nothing and force people in Surrey who want to use the Skytrain to get themselves to the two Whalley stations.

Archived