The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

May not be worthy of a whole new topic but I'm hoping the mods pass this link onto those who matter

wattevr

Donate them bro, that's the whole point of a charity auction. You bid what you're willing to donate, if you win, you donate that prize back to the charity plus the bid. You win because it's a charity, the kid's win because you gave their charity $175 plus ( hopefully )two kids get to see a game or use the tix to raise more money.

As far as the labour dispute goes: Betman sucks, he's ruining hockey.

If he's trying to build his little fantasy of a strong American market, he's a bigger fool than we already believe him to be. Does he think that the fickle and depressed American hockey market ( and ownership ) will benefit from a lockout? They'll probably forget the game exists in a lot of the weaker markets.

Owners of teams in strong markets should be pushing for a 50-50 cba to get the season going, they already have to keep a handful of teams alive in the states, so why hurt a fragile market? Do they want to send more of their profits to crappy American teams that can't generate enough local interest to break even? If they can ditch two teams that suck profits and build two teams that will at least break even, 50-50 is better money than 55-45 even though the owners share is lower.. Betman sucks, but so do the owners for that matter.

Or, better still, lock them out and watch teams fold in 2013, we might see a team back in QC. Hamilton would support a team far better than the fine folks of Glendale, so would Regina for that matter and they'd pay more than $12 for a ticket.

But what's really sad: Living on Vancouver Island, it's cheaper for me to fly to Anaheim or Phoenix, watch a game and stay at a hotel than it is to take a ferry, watch a game and stay at a friends in Vancouver.

The OP is trying to make the point that an NHL lockout will affect hundreds of people. His tickets were an example and he deserves to be appreciated for bring up the point.

The Players have said they will continue to play after September 15th on the old contract but Bettman has leveraged his offer with a threat of a lock out. It seems the owners are backing Bettman but still, before an agreement is reached, are making extended and over value deals. I'd guess that Bettman doesn't have full support by all the owners.

I wonder, does Bettman's $7.9 million salary go on hold in the event of a lock out? Not bloody likely!

The OP is trying to make the point that an NHL lockout will affect hundreds of people. His tickets were an example and he deserves to be appreciated for bring up the point.

The Players have said they will continue to play after September 15th on the old contract but Bettman has leveraged his offer with a threat of a lock out. It seems the owners are backing Bettman but still, before an agreement is reached, are making extended and over value deals. I'd guess that Bettman doesn't have full support by all the owners.

I wonder, does Bettman's $7.9 million salary go on hold in the event of a lock out? Not bloody likely!

Everyone wants to be rich. The only way to be rich is to create value. NHL players have created value for themselves by training since a very young age. The owners have created value by either taking over family businesses, creating businesses or buying franchises with riches made from other created value.

Envie will not make anyone rich. Desire to be rich will if value is created.

$175 for a pair of Canucks tickets? Sounds like you just paid about regular price for a night watching the Canucks, nothing charitable about that. Sounds like the burn fund is making a donation to you, as many people donate to them without receiving or expecting hockey tickets.

Talking about how the fans are the true victims of the lockout? Or how charities suffer because of the lockout? No, charities suffer because people like yourself who expect a prize for donating money, a prize that in this case is likely worth more than the donation. I also don't see how the fans can be victims when there is so much great hockey being played in Canada outside the NHL. We are up to our eyeballs in hockey, and when all else fails, can strap on some roller blades and get some ball hockey going. I want to see the NHL this season too, but quit your whining, you either love hockey or you don't. If you only care about the NHL, then you don't truly care for the sport.

If you don't understand how we , the fans , are victims of all this bs due to greed.. There's no help for you, great hockey outside of the NHL? Where is this great hockey televised??? That's right nowhere! Because it is not great hockey it's just kids banging the boards trying to make it to te NHL!

Archived