The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top 30 Players of All-Time - #20

-AJ-

#20 Player of All-Time  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Time to kick this thing back up again! With an impeding lockout, we could use some good topics around here.

Bryan Trottier had 6 nominations

Jari Kurri had 3 nominations

Bryan Trottier was added to the list.

Congratulations to Paul Coffey for being named the #19 Player of All-Time!

Please remember to nominate one player to add to the poll list next.

The List:

#1 - Wayne Gretzky

#2 - Mario Lemieux

#3 - Bobby Orr

#4 - Gordie Howe

#5 - Maurice Richard

#6 - Steve Yzerman

#7 - Nicklas Lidstrom

#8 - Doug Harvey

#9 - Joe Sakic

#10 - Patrick Roy

----------------------

#11 - Mark Messier

#12 - Mike Bossy

#13 - Martin Brodeur

#14 - Jean Beliveau

#15 - Ray Bourque

#16 - Jaromir Jagr

#17 - Marcel Dionne

#18 - Bobby Hull

#19 - Paul Coffey

Once again, I'm voting for a player who hasn't received many votes to this point, but deserves to be up there, Eddie Shore.

This man was arguably the best player who played in the 30's and was, without a doubt, the best defenseman in the first 30 years of the NHL and probably the best until Doug Harvey came along. He won an amazing four Hart Trophies. That is more than both Bobby Orr and Mario Lemiuex. Only Wayne Gretzky and Gordie Howe have won the Hart more times.

He would've surely won many Norris Trophies too, but the trophy didn't exist during his tenure in the NHL.

one_shore03.jpg

For my nomination, I'll go with Brett Hull. I was tempted to go with an older guy, or one who scored more points, but Hull's goal scoring ability just cannot be overlooked.

He's the only player not named Lemieux or Gretzky to score over 80 goals in a season and had three seasons of 70 or more goals, second to only the Great One, Gretzky. On top of that, he's 3rd all-time in goals with 741.

brett-hull-golden-brett.jpg

Archived