The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

House Music/EDM Appreciation Thread

Jägermeister

AvB was awesome! Loved the live performances by Richard Bedford, Trevor Guthrie, Fiora, Lauren Evans.

Audien was great. Would like to see him again.

Project 46 and John Dahlback weren't bad either.

Edited by Canuck_83

• 2 weeks later...

OK now seriously, if you guys are not listening to The Lonely Astronaut already, I want you to walk to the nearest mirror, slap yourself until the flesh is stripped from your cheeks and tell yourself 5 times you deserved that for your ignorance.

If you like chill dubstep, EDM, electronica, this is the guy for you. Love all his remixes, his original mixes are great too.

https://soundcloud.com/lonelyastronaut/dropping-bombs

Edited by Captain Aerosex

• 2 weeks later...

I'm super stoked for EDC! I know there are a few other ppl on here going as well. Where are you all staying? Any advice for a first timer going?

My first time as well...

http://thesceneisdead.com/electric-daisy-carnival-protips/ about 80~ tips for EDC... main tips i took out of it...

1) Bring a camel-back for water

2) Buy a cheap cellphone/prepaid minutes (30-40$)

3) Sealed gum/cigarettes/chapstick only....

15 DAYS AWAYYYYYYYY, so excited.

My Top 3 of the week:

Sander Van Doorns Koko2 (in my books :P)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kb7rYhM9Cw

^ Random one, just got released on Nicky Romeros podcast a couple days ago. Cash Cash is amazing!!!

My first time as well...

http://thesceneisdea...rnival-protips/ about 80~ tips for EDC... main tips i took out of it...

1) Bring a camel-back for water

2) Buy a cheap cellphone/prepaid minutes (30-40$)

3) Sealed gum/cigarettes/chapstick only....

15 DAYS AWAYYYYYYYY, so excited.

Words can't describe how stoked I am!! Gonna be unreal. Any idea when they'll be releasing set times? Heard a rumor that Armin and Hardwell might be playing at the same time.

Words can't describe how stoked I am!! Gonna be unreal. Any idea when they'll be releasing set times? Heard a rumor that Armin and Hardwell might be playing at the same time.

Oh man if they were playing at the same time at different sets...... I'd cringe.. But I'd choose Hardwell over Armin.. for me anyways

Oh man if they were playing at the same time at different sets...... I'd cringe.. But I'd choose Hardwell over Armin.. for me anyways

Really tough call for me. I saw Hardwell live when he was here and I thought he was amazing but i've missed out on Armin the last few years at VCC and Freaknight. I'll be torn if they do play the same time.

Is anyone heading up to Kelowna for center of gravity? I'm thinking of going up Friday for Kaskade and Dada Life. Tiesto is also playing Sunday but all Sunday tix are sold out and it's only an hour and a half set.

Edited by Innovative

Really tough call for me. I saw Hardwell live when he was here and I thought he was amazing but i've missed out on Armin the last few years at VCC and Freaknight. I'll be torn if they do play the same time.

Is anyone heading up to Kelowna for center of gravity? I'm thinking of going up Friday for Kaskade and Dada Life. Tiesto is also playing Sunday but all Sunday tix are sold out and it's only an hour and a half set.

Armin wasn't bad when he was here couple weeks ago.. Only problem was that the sound system was absolutely crap at VCC so I didn't enjoy it as much as I did at Seasons when it was at Pacific Coliseum..

And what??? How come nobody has told me about this??

Armin wasn't bad when he was here couple weeks ago.. Only problem was that the sound system was absolutely crap at VCC so I didn't enjoy it as much as I did at Seasons when it was at Pacific Coliseum..

And what??? How come nobody has told me about this??

Didn't know myself about it till recently, it's called Center of Gravity festival and there's all these sporting events going on and music at night in Kelowna for 3 days, Aug 2nd-4th, Kaskade and Dada Life play Friday night and then Tiesto plays Sunday night. There's a bunch of other acts to but those are the only notable EDM artists.

Edited by Innovative