The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

House Music/EDM Appreciation Thread

Jägermeister

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Zedd sucked LOL!

Skrillex and Diplo were definitely the main headliners of this event.

I feel like Zedd is selling out now.. Sure his songs had always his mainstream radio but his production and sets and shows were so good before.

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Agreed.

Seven Lions was incredible. When he dropped Free Tibet ...:o:o

Seven Lions was one of the better sets I've seen in recent memory.

I wish he would have played at night though, his visuals were amazing.  Would have been killer at night time.

Unfortunately though for me, I think Fvded was the final straw for Vancouver events for me.  Between waiting for 2 hours to pick up my wristband, to the amount of greasy half-naked 15 year olds running around, the whole festival left me with a sour taste.

Even with Seven Lions and Galantis being such amazing sets I still kind of wish I didn't shell out the money for a ticket.

Maybe I'm just getting old and bitter, but I've finally had it with the poor quality of Vancouver area festivals and shows.

48 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Seven Lions was one of the better sets I've seen in recent memory.

I wish he would have played at night though, his visuals were amazing.  Would have been killer at night time.

He and Zedd definitely should've switched slots. Seven Lions in that 9pm slot would have been amazing.

40 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Unfortunately though for me, I think Fvded was the final straw for Vancouver events for me.  Between waiting for 2 hours to pick up my wristband, to the amount of greasy half-naked 15 year olds running around, the whole festival left me with a sour taste.

Even with Seven Lions and Galantis being such amazing sets I still kind of wish I didn't shell out the money for a ticket.

Maybe I'm just getting old and bitter, but I've finally had it with the poor quality of Vancouver area festivals and shows.

There were way too many underaged teens running around, at least they weren't in the beer gardens. The line up on the Saturday to get wrist bands was definitely ridiculous, but I also did show up at like 3pm so not the smartest move lol. Next time if I go I'll just go pick them up earlier in the week from downtown. 

Going to Pemberton for the first time in 10 days so I'm excited to see how that plays out

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2016 at 1:38 PM, Jägermeister said:

Agreed. I haven't gone to a big rave, heck, even seen a DJ in a club, since Dzeko & Torres in April at Celebrities and to date it even further back, I think the last big rave I went to might have been Dooms 2014 and then before that would be EDC Vegas 2014.. Gosh it's been awhile. Don't think I'd want to go back with the crowd being so poor in Vancouver.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Was almost tempted to go to Contact until I saw the line-up.

Just a bunch of rehashes.  Gareth Emery is good but he's here like twice a year.  W&W suck and are here all the time.  Marshmello... just here.  Baauer was here a year ago.

I don't mind Disclosure, but that's about all I would say about them.  I guess they're the "big draw" for this year.  The drugged out 15 year old girls will love that one.

A couple good B-lister sets (Zeds Dead, Vicetone and Getter), but nowhere close to being worth the ticket price.  Those are shows I'd be expecting to shell out $30 to go to Commodore or Celebrities for.  That would be more fun too.

I mean, if Flume hadn't been here literally a month ago and it wasn't all ages I would probably be all over it, but I can't rationalize putting down $200 on that.

I might buy a pre-sale ticket just to sell it for $100 more in a couple months though....

Edited by Jägermeister