The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

House Music/EDM Appreciation Thread

Jägermeister

Damn.. Seasons fest tonight was absolute killer!!!! Calvin Harris was amazing as usual, Nicky Romero killed it as well! I'm really impressed by Burns. He just got a new listener... But Michael Woods was just... no

Seasons was amazing!! Calvin was pretty good (been waiting to see him since pre-olympics), his set felt a bit short though, and he went so much harder than I'm used to for his style at least. I think Nicky Romero had the best set of the night, Michael Woods had a good few tracks in there, Burns played a good mix, not sticking to his own, but more popular house which I liked as well, my first time hearing him ever as well and he has gained a fan in me too

My favourite Burns song (only has 2600~ views on youtube), should have a much higher view count for the epicness the song brings

Edited by Gabes24

Seasons was amazing!! Calvin was pretty good (been waiting to see him since pre-olympics), his set felt a bit short though, and he went so much harder than I'm used to for his style at least. I think Nicky Romero had the best set of the night, Michael Woods had a good few tracks in there, Burns played a good mix, not sticking to his own, but more popular house which I liked as well, my first time hearing him ever as well and he has gained a fan in me too

My favourite Burns song (only has 2600~ views on youtube), should have a much higher view count for the epicness the song brings

Yeah I remember him playing this.. Was trying hard to find it... And I guess everyone just loooovvess playing Million Voices huh? except Michael Woods lol

Did he play Airborne at all? I skipped out on him and went out to get some fresh air cuz he was boring me a little bit...

Seasons was amazing. Nicky Romero stole the show but Calvin was fantastic as well. I'll definitely pay to see them both live again. Loved the energy and positive vibe from everyone. Armin is here in May but I might skip it cause he'll be at EDC. Anyone know when they're releasing the EDC Vegas lineup?

Also anyone going to Paradiso, i'm kinda thinking about it but it's right after EDC.

Seasons was amazing. Nicky Romero stole the show but Calvin was fantastic as well. I'll definitely pay to see them both live again. Loved the energy and positive vibe from everyone. Armin is here in May but I might skip it cause he'll be at EDC. Anyone know when they're releasing the EDC Vegas lineup?

Also anyone going to Paradiso, i'm kinda thinking about it but it's right after EDC.

I've got my GA Tickets (for both days) for Paradiso bought already! Camping pass as well. Tiesto and Kaskade are decent headliners, but I'm more excited about the rest of the rumoured lineup. Alesso, Porter Robinson, Tommy Trash, Gareth Emery, Adventure Club + more

Edited by ovechkinisgod

I've got my GA Tickets (for both days) for Paradiso bought already! Camping pass as well. Tiesto and Kaskade are decent headliners, but I'm more excited about the rest of the rumoured lineup. Alesso, Porter Robinson, Tommy Trash, Gareth Emery, Adventure Club + more

Saw the rumored lineup, i'm kind of tempted to do both, would love to see Alesso and Hardwell at Paradiso

Nicky Romero was amazing, better then Calvin even by a slim margin

Nicky Romero will be at EDC in New York... Check out his Facebook.. He posted a picture of all the DJs that are going to be there a couple days ago

I can't wait till Porter Robinson comes here

Porter was fantastic when he came for Thanksgiving with zedd. canucks are playing language before the games these days! Get goosebumps everytime.

Porter was fantastic when he came for Thanksgiving with zedd. canucks are playing language before the games these days! Get goosebumps everytime.

Yeah I love that he's playing Language as well as having some Madeon in there as well. I'm just a newbie when it comes to EDM as I haven't really caught on until August 2012 so I'm only introduced to a few of the mainstream ones and some of the ones that a few people have heard of..

I think if you asked me right now who my Top 3 favourite DJs are, I'd probably say Calvin Harris, Tiesto, and Porter Robinson.

When it comes to live sets, I have no idea who I would choose other than probably the defunct Swedish House Mafia as I only listened to their last performance at Ultra

However, there was one song from Avicii that I did really like that's going to be in his new album...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOFZdhScCbE

Found the name of this beauty!!

Wildboy (Dancing in the Water) - Avicii feat. Adura Mae (could be Lana del Ray)

Can't wait until it's official released!! His best song at his Ultra set.. The rest of his set was just wrong

VIP tix for EDC are sold out, they're expecting GA tix to be sold out by April 30th.

I don't know why they haven't released the lineup yet, last year it was released at the start of April. The NYC EDC lineup is pretty disappointing. Really hoping the Vegas lineup is as good as last year, lots of rumors of Daft Punk coming but I doubt it'll happen, would be epic if it did.