The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

House Music/EDM Appreciation Thread

Jägermeister

Didn't know myself about it till recently, it's called Center of Gravity festival and there's all these sporting events going on and music at night in Kelowna for 3 days, Aug 2nd-4th, Kaskade and Dada Life play Friday night and then Tiesto plays Sunday night. There's a bunch of other acts to but those are the only notable EDM artists.

Awww man they should've definitely tried to get this festival bigger.. Seemed like there was no promo about this at all

COG is so over priced and the line up iis very average for a festival.... they spent all the money on tiesto and kaskade.

Check out paradiso festival if u want value and huge artists

... its pretty much everyone at COG + 20 more main acts. Cheaper too! r

COG is so over priced and the line up iis very average for a festival.... they spent all the money on tiesto and kaskade.

Yeah I know it's overpriced and I know Paradiso has a much better lineup compared to COG.. They just started this not tooo long ago too so I guess it takes time to actually build enough sponsorship and partners to bring more artists

Not too mention the Gorge is one of the nicest outdoor venues in North America

8 days until Tiesto's Club Life Vol 3 is out!!! I haven't checked out what's in his album but I've been waiting for the release of his new mix with Dyro called Paradise. It was the first track he played at UMF and I've been waiting for it to come out since.

Same with Avicii's Wild Boy... Those two songs I'm eagerly waiting for.

Edited by Apple Juice

Less then 2 weeks till EDC Vegas, i've been waiting for this moment for so long, can't believe it's almost here.

Also if anyone is interested Cedric Gervais is coming to Celebs July 12th, only 15$, can't go wrong there.

They need to have another big show in Van in August or September, been awhile. Who would you all like to see?

I'm hoping for Kaskade

Just make the trip to Kelowna or Seattle for kaskade!

my dream show right now would be

Main act : David Guetta (yea I know he's main stream but he's amazing live... as long as he doesn't play his crap made with Rihanna etc...)

Supporting : jochen miller, Michael calfan, hard rock sofa

Bring Hardwell back.

I can't see him coming back until next year.

Just make the trip to Kelowna or Seattle for kaskade!

my dream show right now would be

Main act : David Guetta (yea I know he's main stream but he's amazing live... as long as he doesn't play his crap made with Rihanna etc...)

Supporting : jochen miller, Michael calfan, hard rock sofa

Might make the Kelowna trip, hopefully he's at EDC, he was on the list of artists but then tweeted that he wasn't going to make it, apparently they're trying to get him to perform.

Guetta would be great with some solid openers.

I wonder who they'll get to headline Contact 2013? That's if they even decide to do it again, hopefully they do, BC Place looked unreal.

I can't see him coming back until next year.

Might make the Kelowna trip, hopefully he's at EDC, he was on the list of artists but then tweeted that he wasn't going to make it, apparently they're trying to get him to perform.

Guetta would be great with some solid openers.

I wonder who they'll get to headline Contact 2013? That's if they even decide to do it again, hopefully they do, BC Place looked unreal.

Yeah.. Hardwell already came last year around the Fall time so he probably won't be back until next year which sucks.

As for whoever's headlining Contact, I really really hope they get Nicky Romero to headline it... or Calvin Harris.. Those will sell out quick...

But basing off of their pick last year, and seeing as it might be all aged again, basing off of deadmau5... watch them get David Guetta or Avicii.... Or who knows, maybe Hardwell will headline it? :)