The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

House Music/EDM Appreciation Thread

Jägermeister

Finally Tiesto's Club Vol 3 Stockholm came out!!!! And the one song I've been really pumped about is him and Dyro's Paradise!!!

I got the album today. I was originally just going to download a few tracks (plus, I already have "Champs"), but there were a couple that were album only.

Ahhhhhhhhh, leaving for EDC in 5 hours, haven't been able to properly sleep the last 2 nights.. Never been so excited for something in my life!!! Choked W&W isn't playing.. but you know... theres still 50 artists on the board I'm looking to see...

Wish all you CDCers were coming! :D

73bae_1669495.jpg

Edited by Gabes24

Ahhhhhhhhh, leaving for EDC in 5 hours, haven't been able to properly sleep the last 2 nights.. Never been so excited for something in my life!!! Choked W&W isn't playing.. but you know... theres still 50 artists on the board I'm looking to see...

Wish all you CDCers were coming! :D

I'm jealous! Haha

W&W won't be able to get back to touring until next month, I think. But yeah, the lineup is amazing so there won't be a shortage of shows to see. Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

What are some good annual EDM concerts? I wanna plan a trip to somewhere to attend one, but i don't know many.

I was thinking UMF, but it's literally in the farthest state from Vancouver in the US.. So yeah, i guess somewhere close would be ideal? Perhaps even a drive down or somewhere close enough that isn't too expensive on the plane tickets.

Thanks!

What are some good annual EDM concerts? I wanna plan a trip to somewhere to attend one, but i don't know many.

I was thinking UMF, but it's literally in the farthest state from Vancouver in the US.. So yeah, i guess somewhere close would be ideal? Perhaps even a drive down or somewhere close enough that isn't too expensive on the plane tickets.

Thanks!

UMF is the most popular one... Same with Tomorrowland all the way in Belgium... There's also EDC Vegas, Chicago, New York, Orlando, London.. Puerto Rico.. Puerto Rico and Orlando are still later on this year...

There's also Paradiso this weekend that's really close to Vancouver. It's just a drive down to Washington

Thanks!

the best one in north america is in BC, august 9, 10, 11th weekend in the west kootenay region, near nelson BC.

it features over 300 DJ's and bands on 7 stages....covers pretty much every genre of electronic dance music.

its not cheap tho, but you get what you pay for, and in this case you get a lot more.

http://www.shambhalamusicfestival.com/2013-artists/

the best one in north america is in BC, august 9, 10, 11th weekend in the west kootenay region, near nelson BC.

it features over 300 DJ's and bands on 7 stages....covers pretty much every genre of electronic dance music.

its not cheap tho, but you get what you pay for, and in this case you get a lot more.

http://www.shambhala...m/2013-artists/

Unfortunately for me, I don't recognize any of the artists :( Some sound familiar but I've never actually heard of any of their music. Sounds awesome though

Unfortunately for me, I don't recognize any of the artists :( Some sound familiar but I've never actually heard of any of their music. Sounds awesome though

its all good, in time you will know a lot them.....soundcloud is your friend :)

its usually the cutting edge of music there before the acts blow up really big.

for instance last year porter robinson played, the year before that was skrillex etc... bassnectar and excision got their start there as well.

this festival has paved the way for years, its in its 16th year this summer......definitely worth checking out if you want the ultimate in EDM concert experience.

Edited by Toni Zamboni

EDC Las Vegas is sounding pretty good imo..

TBH, i'm the biggest Avicii fanboy so wherever Avicii is going to be playing i'm down :D

EDIT: Which i know is literally a year from now but yeah, planning ahead :D

Edited by Django