The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

House Music/EDM Appreciation Thread

Jägermeister

@ Jager, Kaskade was beyond unreal, exceeded any expectations I had, Dirty south was pretty good, but I think Makj killed it, those 2 had the best sets of the festival.. it was 6:30 PM day 2 and he had the entire place rockin' out already, I went early before my friends just to see this guy and he did not disappoint, he will be a top 10 dj in the year to come methinks.

p.s when Kaskade played the 8 minute champs remix, I lost my shiz...

Dada life was good, not great, thought they lacked energy... which they had lots of at EDC.

Skrillex... I've listened in my lifetime one song of his... and I hate dub, but his set was strung together so well and had so much energy, I really enjoyed it, still won't listen to his actual music though... lol

If only Bingo was able to play... Day 2 would've been even more unreal, the RIP Paul bit was so respectful, but a downer I bet for alot, incl myself

Blah blah blah. Lets get down to the nitty gritty. How much did you pop?

Blah blah blah. Lets get down to the nitty gritty. How much did you pop?

Stop trolling the thread.

Kaskade was amazing, I didn't rly like RL Grimes set, too much hip hop, Bingo Players would have topped everything off but it's tragic what happened, I liked how they honored Paul, all in all a great night and it blew last years event out of the water.

@ Jager, Kaskade was beyond unreal, exceeded any expectations I had, Dirty south was pretty good, but I think Makj killed it, those 2 had the best sets of the festival.. it was 6:30 PM day 2 and he had the entire place rockin' out already, I went early before my friends just to see this guy and he did not disappoint, he will be a top 10 dj in the year to come methinks.

p.s when Kaskade played the 8 minute champs remix, I lost my shiz...

Dada life was good, not great, thought they lacked energy... which they had lots of at EDC.

Skrillex... I've listened in my lifetime one song of his... and I hate dub, but his set was strung together so well and had so much energy, I really enjoyed it, still won't listen to his actual music though... lol

If only Bingo was able to play... Day 2 would've been even more unreal, the RIP Paul bit was so respectful, but a downer I bet for alot, incl myself

Dang I guess I was lucky I didn't go see Dada then cuz I was willing to pay to see them only and then leave once Skrillex comes on... Personally, not a fan of Skrillex and his music and never listened to any of his sets because of my opinion on him but maybe he strings together good sets so he's somewhat worth seeing live?

I heard Day 2 was the bomb. My friends kept telling me Dirty South played all of my favourites and I'm so mad that I didn't have the money to pay for Day 2... Oh well, Hardwell tomorrow night and then I gotta start saving for EDC... I'm pretty sure Dada Life and Bingo Players, at least Maarten anyways, will come back to Vancouver to play at like Commodore or something.. At least after the appropriate amount of time has passed for Maarten to go back touring again

Stop trolling the thread.

Kaskade was amazing, I didn't rly like RL Grimes set, too much hip hop, Bingo Players would have topped everything off but it's tragic what happened, I liked how they honored Paul, all in all a great night and it blew last years event out of the water.

How am I trolling the thread?

Edm and drugs go together like peanut butter and jelly samiches.

fairly new to EDM, gonna go to the hardwell party tonite, anyone can tell me what to expect?

do they only sell beer??

sorry if these questions sound stupid :lol:

Hardwell is amazing. Great choice. Yea they only sell a couple beers, crapload of water, and sometimes energy drinks or powerade. Pretty much majority of the crowd will be on the floor with those other people sitting on the side... It's up to you how close you want to get, obviously the closer you get, the rowdier it'll be and more tight and compact. You'll see people with lights on their gloves and if they ask you, just say no because unless you took meth or drugs or molly or whatever, you won't need it. Everyone there is there to have a good time so if you bump into someone or if someone bumps into you, apologize. Because we're all there to rave and listen and enjoy the music so don't be a douche about it. Wear comfy shoes if you plan on jumping a lot

EDIT: also you honestly don't need to bring a coat because a) coat check's a biotch and B) when you leave, you're gonna be sweating

Edited by Apple Juice

There are rumours swirling on the Twitterverse that Hardwell might not even come?? Or if he is, only an hour set? Anyone confirm for me?

Also, Benji bailed yet again but this time cuz of an ear infection. This is the 2nd time that he's bailed at an event that I was going to... First Dooms Day 2 opening for Tiesto, and now this.. Not good for his reputation if he keeps this up

There are rumours swirling on the Twitterverse that Hardwell might not even come?? Or if he is, only an hour set? Anyone confirm for me?

Also, Benji bailed yet again but this time cuz of an ear infection. This is the 2nd time that he's bailed at an event that I was going to... First Dooms Day 2 opening for Tiesto, and now this.. Not good for his reputation if he keeps this up

Hardwell is amazing. Great choice. Yea they only sell a couple beers, crapload of water, and sometimes energy drinks or powerade. Pretty much majority of the crowd will be on the floor with those other people sitting on the side... It's up to you how close you want to get, obviously the closer you get, the rowdier it'll be and more tight and compact. You'll see people with lights on their gloves and if they ask you, just say no because unless you took meth or drugs or molly or whatever, you won't need it. Everyone there is there to have a good time so if you bump into someone or if someone bumps into you, apologize. Because we're all there to rave and listen and enjoy the music so don't be a douche about it. Wear comfy shoes if you plan on jumping a lot

EDIT: also you honestly don't need to bring a coat because a) coat check's a biotch and B) when you leave, you're gonna be sweating

thanks for the detailed response!~

also, I heard hardwell will be doing 1am-3am since he's doing an earlier gig in calgary then flying to van

Stoked for Hardwell. Can't wait for the 2014 count down.

He's the next Kanye West.

Edited by Armada

Hardwell will be there in time and is flying in on a private jet and coming straight from the airport to the Coliseum. All the rumors are false and there has been nothing said from the official Hardwell website or twitter.

Edited by Innovative

thanks for the detailed response!~

also, I heard hardwell will be doing 1am-3am since he's doing an earlier gig in calgary then flying to van

That's the set list times. You can go at 8 if you want because Brad and Victor H are pretty good but people usually come after 9..

Yes he's got a gig in Calgary which ends at 11pm PST. Hop on a flight for an hour flight and come here and play at 1am.