The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

nugent Hopkins

TACIC

No offense but this proposal is bordering on pathetic. I have to assume you're just joking.

It's not that the Canucks don't have good players but there is probably nothing the Oilers would take from the Canucks for RNH. Even the Sedins. He may never end up being as good as Henrik but having a 1st line center that could potentially be in town for the next 10-15 years is just not something you give up. Especially not for Edler and spare parts.

Once again, why do either teams do this? You can't just say one player is worth so much so he must be able to get anyone of similar value (or throw in more pieces to do so). Edmonton could use an all star D, but at the expense of their #1 center? And why would we trade for someone like that when we have Henrik and Kesler? How does this make sense when you look beyond the player names and stats?

No offense but this proposal is bordering on pathetic. I have to assume you're just joking.

It's not that the Canucks don't have good players but there is probably nothing the Oilers would take from the Canucks for RNH. Even the Sedins. He may never end up being as good as Henrik but having a 1st line center that could potentially be in town for the next 10-15 years is just not something you give up. Especially not for Edler and spare parts.

@OP Stop making proposals! You're embarrassing yourself! :)

Nugent-Hopkins has elite talent, he's their #1 centre and it doesn't make sense for either team. I don't think they'd feel to comfortable with Gagner as their 1st line centre.

On our hand we lose arguably our best defenseman, which in turn means we'd have to go out and find a defenseman to replace him. Losing Hansen wouldn't be as bad as I believe Kassian could take his spot but keeping Hansen would be a smarter option. Furthermore, it wouldn't be a smart idea giving up a first rounder in what's predicted to be the deepest draft in the past decade.

Archived