The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is QuiBids.com a scam

CamTheCanuckFan

You have to pay for every bid, so in reality even though you might only pay $67 for a MacBook, 50 other people contributed $1000 from the money they had to pay for their bids.

At the same time you might bid 10 times for something and not get it, and you would have spent money and gotten nothing.

You have to pay for every bid, so in reality even though you might only pay $67 for a MacBook, 50 other people contributed $1000 from the money they had to pay for their bids.

At the same time you might bid 10 times for something and not get it, and you would have spent money and gotten nothing.

Not a scam so much as a rip-off if you don't win the auction. I think they could just have bots or hired bidders to keep bidding up the products too so they get more money. Would be super easy to do LOL

There was something just like it that was shut down a few days ago for being a ponzy scheme. Same idea as Quibids but they made it into an MLM - the name was zeekrewards.

Not a scam so much as a rip-off if you don't win the auction. I think they could just have bots or hired bidders to keep bidding up the products too so they get more money. Would be super easy to do LOL

There was something just like it that was shut down a few days ago for being a ponzy scheme. Same idea as Quibids but they made it into an MLM - the name was zeekrewards.

http://scamquibids.com/

The crucial aspect of penny auction sites is that they attract people by promising them really expensive items at unbelievably low prices. At the first time when I saw their offers I was shocked due to low prices and began looking for some tricks they were doing with customers. So when you see for example a brand-new iPad that officially costs $499 and is selling for $24.74 you should know that it’s a real misleading. The truth is that the winning bid is $24.74, but this is not truth that it costs $24.74 for you to purchase the iPad.quibids-review.jpg

If you know how the Quibids and the sites like quibids work then you can easily realize how big the amount of $24.74 is there – you are only able to purchase each 1 cent bid for 60 cents. It means that when you see an iPad sold for just $24.74 it actually means that there was made 2,474 1-cent bids on that current item and it was sold for 2,474×0.6=$1484.40 – finally item was sold for $1484 and 40 cents.

http://scamquibids.com/

The crucial aspect of penny auction sites is that they attract people by promising them really expensive items at unbelievably low prices. At the first time when I saw their offers I was shocked due to low prices and began looking for some tricks they were doing with customers. So when you see for example a brand-new iPad that officially costs $499 and is selling for $24.74 you should know that it’s a real misleading. The truth is that the winning bid is $24.74, but this is not truth that it costs $24.74 for you to purchase the iPad.quibids-review.jpg

If you know how the Quibids and the sites like quibids work then you can easily realize how big the amount of $24.74 is there – you are only able to purchase each 1 cent bid for 60 cents. It means that when you see an iPad sold for just $24.74 it actually means that there was made 2,474 1-cent bids on that current item and it was sold for 2,474×0.6=$1484.40 – finally item was sold for $1484 and 40 cents.

Any site that advertises free stuff or has a bidding system that sells high priced items like iPads for a fraction of the price should be considered a scam. The only reward site that now has been converted into a social network which wasn't a scam was lockerz and it still exists. I got a free PS3, camcorder, games and a watch before it became harder to get prizes and free stuff.

Archived