The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Poor 11-12 season was because of the lack of chemistry?

VANFAN101

MG could have pbbly landed Carter for Schneider. If possible he should have done it. Sometimes you just have to go for it and make a bold move.

Carter on the Canucks instead of on the Kings would have significantly increased the chances of turning the series in our favour.

Our defence was the biggest issue. The only reason we didn't get blown out every single game was the play of both our great goalies. Sure we couldn't score, but it all starts from us getting hemmed in our own zone because our pathetic excuse for a defence couldn't get the puck out against the L.A forecheck, and kept giving up glorious opportunities to their forwards, including countless odd-man rushes and breakaways against our netminders.

Hamhuis was the only defenceman who played well, and even he at times struggled against the big Kings forwards. Our defence needs to play a much safer, more stay-at-home style and be more physical as opposed to jumping up in the rush so often and getting caught gambling because good coaches can easily exploit that - it's much harder to exploit a stay-at-home defence, which seems to be the way to win Cups nowadays.

Hopefully Garrison will help in that direction, and Tanev can develop enough to become a good stay-at-home guy. I still believe we need more physicality so hopefully Alberts will draw into more contests because we really should of used his size more in the playoffs - he's the only guy who could have contested the L.A (and even Boston) giants up front, who basically cake-walked our fragile D.

We need depth on defense. I'm not talking Rome type depth. I'm talking guys in the system who can step in and contribute in the regular season or playoffs. We also need to be firing on all cylinders in the playoffs with 3 lines rolling, and three lines scoring.

Strong goaltending, and consistent effort to finish it all off. In short. We need to improvise, adapt, overcome.

I agree with ninja321, we lacked the drive that teams need for deep playoff runs . I believed it started the month before the playoffs, we were just not the same team we were the until then. (i know we were resting for playoffs, but the last 3-5 games you have to get back to winning).

Samuel Pahlsson...why are the Canucks hanging him out to dry..?

maybe waiting for his stock to hit rock boomer..so they can slowly bring it up again

Pahlsson and the Sedins are worth a $2 Mill experiment..I mean Hometown Burrows could not argue with that..

after all..

he's the wonderwall $2 Mill experiment as I type...

he would love a second top line ...get a day off once and a while!!

Pahlsson for 2 Million

any body have a problem with that?

maybe waiting for his stock to hit rock boomer..so they can slowly bring it up again

Pahlsson and the Sedins are worth a $2 Mill experiment..I mean Hometown Burrows could not argue with that..

after all..

Pahlsson for 2 Million

after all..

Pahlsson for 2 Million

Archived