The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) List of players we should look at

So i was thinking of some players we should possibly target

Berglund- Big, solid option for the third line and could fill in on the second line

Bouma- Great energy player, used to play for the giants and good fighter

Cogliano- Struggling in anaheim, could use another fresh start, fast and good third line center oppurtunity possibly fill in on the second line

Sheppard-Tough, struggling, we could give him a shot?

Sobotka-Ive heard a lot about him, big hitter, fast, sound defensively, decent numbers, versatile

Tangradi-Big body, lots of potential but penguins would want winger in return

Clutterbuck-Huge hitter, tough grinder, clean

Emelin-Big hitter, big shot solid defensively

Post who you would want to get and what you think it would take to get them.

I would want sobotka, bouma, emelin and clutterbuck

raymond and 4th for sobotka

weise and a third for bouma

idk how to get emelin and clutterbuck, very valuable to their respective teams

Cogliano is pretty much Raymond. So keep that in mind.

If Doan leaves Phoenix I could see them being interested in Raymond. I'd do for Raymond for a depth defenceman, they'd probably be willing to move Schlemko to make room for prospects. Klesla would also be nice for the bottom pairing if we managed to move Ballard.

Cogliano is pretty much Raymond. So keep that in mind.

If Doan leaves Phoenix I could see them being interested in Raymond. I'd do for Raymond for a depth defenceman, they'd probably be willing to move Schlemko to make room for prospects. Klesla would also be nice for the bottom pairing if we managed to move Ballard.

Agreed with Sobotka, though I don't believe that Raymond and pick would be what they want. The Blues apparently want a defenseman to play with Pietrangelo, so maybe Ballard could interest them? He's Top-4 material at the least, just that he wasn't given many opportunities here.

Ballard for Sobotka, then Raymond for a young defenseman from Columbus or Phoenix (or Ellerby from Phoenix if they want Raymond).

Archived