The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Jersey's Ranked 17th among teams

Chris_Higgins20

I can agree that the name Vancouver over the top of the logo does need to go, it's just stupid. When the logo was first brought into the Canucks organization, when they moved to GM Place it was an ugly logo with ugly colors. Now that they have changed their colors to the green blue and white, they have adjusted the logo to fit the colors much better, and the logo with the colors they have now actually looks decent, much better then when they originally had it.

They just need to get ride of the big name Vancouver on the top of the jersey, then they can make the logo a little bit bigger to fit the jersey better. I remember last year for Christmas I ended up buying one of those everyday before Christmas chocolate calenders, which represented every teams logo in the NHL. It looked pretty cool so I picked it up, later I started realizing what the hell is wrong with the Canucks logo? You look at all the other teams and they have the name in their logo or attached to their logo, then you see the Canucks you see their logo, but then above it there's the name Vancouver which just looks stupid and out of place and to why it needs to go. Check it out and see for yourself the Canucks logo is in the middle and you can't tell me it doesn't look strange, because it does the Vancouver needs to go.

6SP2u.jpg

Funnily enough, coming from Scotland, I like "Vancouver" at the top of the Jersey. If I was from BC I would be proud to have Vancouver on the team's jersey............they are so locked into the Vancouver/BC Community and go out of their way to help................

My personal favorites...

1. Chicago

2. Boston

3. Philadelphia

4. Toronto

5. NY Rangers

6. Detroit

7. Calgary

8. Montreal

9. St. Louis (third jersey)

10. Vancouver (third jersey, though I like the home and away as well)

I can't stand Chicago the team, but I cannot argue that their jersey is the best in the NHL. Honorable mentions to Buffalo, Pittsburgh and the Anaheim third jersey. I like most of the NHL teams' looks at this point though. I would only qualify Nashville, Carolina and Dallas as in need of a redo. I cannot understand the love for the Wild jerseys since "red and green should never be seen" is a rule I live by. Their third jerseys look a lot like my Corner Gas jersey...

I'll always be a huge fan of the original stick in rink. I'd love to see the original (not the new cartoon one) stick in rink come back, along with the skate as a third jersey.

I don't mind our new jerseys that much, but I don't like the orca. The only saving grace is that we went back to the original colours.

I love our jerseys. I don't know about in Canada, but here in Australia when i hit the ice this thing seems to get me chicks. Not sure if its the fact that i am usually a way better skater than anybody else on the ice, or the fact that i am not wearing those rental skates that make everybody look like tools, but i think it could be the jersey.

Every team's fans probably think their team's jersey is the best. And those teams' fans simply answered the ESPN poll in higher numbers. How else can you explain the Minnesota Christmas Elves cracking the top 10? (In fairness, Minnesota's logo is one of the best designs in the league. It just doesn't keep them from looking like they're playing reindeer games in those red and green uniforms.)

Archived