Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Canucks Jersey's Ranked 17th among teams

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
153 replies to this topic

#121 Versace

Versace

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

Tampa should be #1, Followed by Philly, Rangers. Hawks, Sabers, Bruins, Canucks, Penguins, Wild and Blues. No particular order.

#122 biznasty

biznasty

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:48 PM

These are strong in design and colour for me and I love the logo.

Lucky! They get the Bodee seal of approval!
Posted Image

#123 CrousettCanuck

CrousettCanuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

At first, when our current jersey's were first released I hated the fact that they had the name Vancouver over the Orca, but now as the years have gone by it grew on me and I liked it. Personally, if they added a white line/stripe around the Home jersey's too outline the shoulders would be a brilliant touch, and for the Away, have it be blue. Personally, I prefer our Away jersey's much more than our home, because it has a little bit more detail with the blue lines, adding a spacing to the green and white.

I love the Orca, always have, it represents Vancouver perfect, because even in the Burrard Inlet, there have been reports of orca's and dolphins, so it makes sense, plus it's a Native symbol, added with it's own Canuck flair, to not completely copy the Native orca.

I feel if they were to remove the name Vancouver off of the Away jersey, it would look awesome, but if they were to remove it off of the Home, it would look to bland. And you can't remove one or the other, because that would be just weird.

Last, but not least, my only true concern is the name Canuck, sure it sounds cool and it even rolls of the tongue, but it means the exact same thing as the Canadiens, except for that the fact that Canadien means French-Canadian. However, if you do a little history "report" for your self you'll find that the name Canuck is actually the name in which the American settlers pronounced the Native American name for it which was something more complicated, obviously not meaning "Canadian" to insult them, and the other half of the reason was because they didn't know how to pronounce it them selves. So, the name Canuck is kind of an insult. But, once you're 40 years into a franchise, which it's not that long compared to the original-6, you can't really change the name.

#124 CrousettCanuck

CrousettCanuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 09:55 PM

V's tend to suck on a sports shirt (as indeed this one does, big time)............that's why you hardly see any of them except in Rugby League.

Ugliest jersey in Hockey history, hands down.

#125 CrousettCanuck

CrousettCanuck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

You see, the stick logo matches the blue and green so much more better than the Orca, but the Orca logo looks so much more better than the stick logo....AHHHH ITS SO ???? CONFUSING!!!

#126 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

Tampa should be #1

You mean the Detroit Maple Lightning? Maybe if they had their own jerseys.

BO KNOWS

#127 burr for president

burr for president

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

This is my favorite if it came to be... Attached File  best.jpg   8.48KB   8 downloads The colors are there and it is crisp and clean..

#128 CoreyPerry

CoreyPerry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:43 AM

my top 10

1.Chicago
2.Detroit
3.Philly
4.NYR
5.Edmonton
6.Colorado
7.New Jersey
8.Boston
9.Montreal
10.St. Louis

I love the new Vancouver jersey's with the orca and everything but im sorry it does not crack the top 10 for me...Pittsburgh at number 11 for me, i liked their old jersey's better, also Ducks old jersey (duck with goalie mask) would be top 10 for sure
Posted ImagePosted Image
Credit to CanucksBen for Kassian sig

#129 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

LOL at all the CBJ hate; has anybody actually seen their blue "cannon" jerseys? I think they are terrific, probably the best in the league. Pity about the actual team though...

#130 -- Alexander 89 Mogilny --

-- Alexander 89 Mogilny --

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

The rankings are like that because the names on the back sell more than the logo on the front lol.

Who on the Canucks is liked so much worldwide that they would go buy their jerseys? Used to be Luongo but people kinda dislike him now..lol.

CBJ sells so much because of Rick Nash, and all of the original 6 teams are in there.

When I buy NBA jerseys, I don't care about the team but rather about who the player is. Same goes for any other sport.
Credit RK.17/-H.Sedin33-for the sick sig.

The Most Exciting in History.
Posted Image
The Most Exciting in History.
Credit RK.17/-H.Sedin33- for the sick sig.

#131 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:03 PM

Am I the only one here who thinks the Bruins and Canadiens' logos are hideous and boring? I don't give a crap if they were one of the first teams decades ago, I don't get why that should factor in if something is 'good'. I doubt most of us are old enough here to have nostalgia from watching the original 6 era anyway.

#132 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,205 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:04 PM

Tampa should be #1, Followed by Philly, Rangers. Hawks, Sabers, Bruins, Canucks, Penguins, Wild and Blues. No particular order.

I think the Blues' third jersey is probably my fav one in the NHL right now. It's pretty slick.

#133 scratchmb

scratchmb

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

I would be proud to wear any Canucks Jersey, whether I liked it or not, simply because I am supportive of my team, and the fact that I have a few prized collector's jerseys that have been signed. As far as logos go though, I have always admired the Blackhawks logo. It has only had minimal alterations to it's features through the decades and only the sweater styling and colour enviroments have changed through the years. I really don't want to pick a top ten list. I am not a fashion maven nor do I wish to be, I am a sports fan. They could all wear white and gray uniforms with just the team name, player name and number on, as long as it shows grit, grime, rips, sweat, and blood.

#134 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

The Vancouver Millionaires jersey as our third would be awesome. Considering the vintage feel of them as well, I bet they would be placed much higher on the list, too.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#135 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,924 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

Even being a huge Canucks fan i still say Chicago has the best logo, but damn i hate some of the players on that team.

756ac80c-8542-42cd-b771-2d57edda5a59.jpg

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#136 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

I will say it again, and again...

Our alternate jerseys should be this

Posted Image
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#137 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:28 AM

Posted Image

Nope..........green is not a strong enough colour..............it is used often in restaurants to relax the customers.
Kevin.jpg

#138 Samuel Påhlsson

Samuel Påhlsson

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:15 AM

Quebec Remparts > Minny Jerseys.

Sig too big. -SN

#139 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,855 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:26 AM

1. Philidelphia
2. Detroit
3. Chicago
4. Minnesota (3rd Jersey)
5. Rangers
6. Tampa Bay
7. Carolina
8. Los Angeles
9. Vancouver
10. Edmonton

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#140 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:30 AM

they should go with a mean Johnny Canuck logo on the front OR keep the orca and remove the city name from it

Edited by Strombone1, 08 September 2012 - 09:31 AM.

Commissioner of Shapheat FHL

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2014-15 GDT Registrations

#141 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,713 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

Our home jerseys should be our third jerseys and our 3rd jerseys should be the same as the ones we have now, but the blue and green reversed, so the base is mostly green, that would look sick imo.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#142 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:34 PM

Posted Image

I swear I just threw up in my mouth :sick:

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#143 YaK

YaK

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:42 AM

The Minny home jerseys have always specifically reminded me of Christmas Crunch Cereal:
Posted Image

It has the red, the green, and (sorta) the creme colours.
Posted Image
"It felt almost like it was a dream," Burrows said of his game-winner.
"But guys jumped on me and I couldn't breathe, so I knew it was right."

#144 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:37 PM

I can agree that the name Vancouver over the top of the logo does need to go, it's just stupid. When the logo was first brought into the Canucks organization, when they moved to GM Place it was an ugly logo with ugly colors. Now that they have changed their colors to the green blue and white, they have adjusted the logo to fit the colors much better, and the logo with the colors they have now actually looks decent, much better then when they originally had it.

They just need to get ride of the big name Vancouver on the top of the jersey, then they can make the logo a little bit bigger to fit the jersey better. I remember last year for Christmas I ended up buying one of those everyday before Christmas chocolate calenders, which represented every teams logo in the NHL. It looked pretty cool so I picked it up, later I started realizing what the hell is wrong with the Canucks logo? You look at all the other teams and they have the name in their logo or attached to their logo, then you see the Canucks you see their logo, but then above it there's the name Vancouver which just looks stupid and out of place and to why it needs to go. Check it out and see for yourself the Canucks logo is in the middle and you can't tell me it doesn't look strange, because it does the Vancouver needs to go.

Posted Image

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup, 09 September 2012 - 08:34 PM.

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#145 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79,383 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

I have to say, I really hated the 'Vancouver' above the logo when the jersey's were first introduced in '07.

307mg00.jpg

#146 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

Funnily enough, coming from Scotland, I like "Vancouver" at the top of the Jersey. If I was from BC I would be proud to have Vancouver on the team's jersey............they are so locked into the Vancouver/BC Community and go out of their way to help................
Kevin.jpg

#147 NucksBruins

NucksBruins

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

My personal favorites...

1. Chicago
2. Boston
3. Philadelphia
4. Toronto
5. NY Rangers
6. Detroit
7. Calgary
8. Montreal
9. St. Louis (third jersey)
10. Vancouver (third jersey, though I like the home and away as well)

I can't stand Chicago the team, but I cannot argue that their jersey is the best in the NHL. Honorable mentions to Buffalo, Pittsburgh and the Anaheim third jersey. I like most of the NHL teams' looks at this point though. I would only qualify Nashville, Carolina and Dallas as in need of a redo. I cannot understand the love for the Wild jerseys since "red and green should never be seen" is a rule I live by. Their third jerseys look a lot like my Corner Gas jersey...
Posted Image

#148 BananaMash

BananaMash

xX_qUiCkScOpEz_Xx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,883 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

I'll always be a huge fan of the original stick in rink. I'd love to see the original (not the new cartoon one) stick in rink come back, along with the skate as a third jersey.

I don't mind our new jerseys that much, but I don't like the orca. The only saving grace is that we went back to the original colours.

wZEgqzy.png

#149 White Goodman

White Goodman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:17 AM

I love our jerseys. I don't know about in Canada, but here in Australia when i hit the ice this thing seems to get me chicks. Not sure if its the fact that i am usually a way better skater than anybody else on the ice, or the fact that i am not wearing those rental skates that make everybody look like tools, but i think it could be the jersey.
Posted Image

#150 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:21 AM

http://i19.photobuck...evichNight3.jpg

Loved when LV Wrangles did this one off in mocking honor of Rod Blagojevich
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.