The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Christian Doctor Chemically Castrated Boy As Part Of 'Gay Cure'.

Sharpshooter

It's a fundamental understanding of the caste system put forth by Buddhism and Hinduism.

Nirvana is the one main goal. Only by fulfilling one's duty and karma can one be reborn into a "higher" being. A person being born as a farmer, or policeman, or some sort of trade, needs to fulfill his/her duty.

Buddhism seeks to relinquish desire and love. It's totally different than compassion and actualizing altruism.

Did you know that a buddhist would say to a prostitute to continue in her line of work? Only by becoming a good prostitute would she rebirth into a better person in the next life?

jesus commenting on the religious leaders of his day ,

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!” He condemned and illustrated their rapaciousness, their selfishness, their inward spiritual emptiness, and their emphasis on “scruple” while neglecting the “weightier” matters of justice, mercy, and faith

nothing has really changed .

Exactly!!!!!!

People misused religion to suit their own needs back then and they do it today.

Doesn't mean religion is bad - means those that use it for their own use are bad.

Has nothing at all to do with what Jesus said - except that he was right and they were wrong.

It is not said word for word, but it is result of Buddha's teaching.

1. We all strive towards Nirvana

2. Eliminate personal desire

3. Fulfill your Dharma

4. Have good Karma

In modern day Thailand, some of the worst human trafficking exists. Many girls are fooled to believe that in order to have good Karma, they need to fulfil what they have been tasked with. Many girls are born into prostitution. It is a very sad thing.

You are incorrect because there IS a difference between empirical evidence and credible evidence.

For example, you're on your way to work and you want to know if you're boss is in the office. You don't have empirical evidence of sight, but you have credible evidence to lead you to a certain belief that he's actually in the office.

You see his car in the parking lot

You see his light is on in the office

You see his jacket hanging in the closet

Are all these things empirical evidence to show that your boss is in the office? Nope. He may actually be out, in the bathroom, or what have you. But is it safe to believe he is in the office due to all the credible evidences? Yes.

It is NOT useless to debate on the credible evidences of God. But I concede with you, it IS useless to debate on empirical evidences that God exists. WHICH IS WHY I believe many atheists/agnostics are very very very misled into their own belief. That it requires EMPIRICAL evidence for belief in God, when really, it's just as logical to believe in God with CREDIBLE evidence. Following me here?

God gives us just enough for us to understand him. For example, a child who is just learning math isn't presented the functions of a calculator, logs, exponents, and derivatives. But a child is shown pictures, counting skills, and so forth.

We as humans are given enough to understand God. I believe the scriptures is apart of that plan. The Bible is the foundation of God's revelation to us in our flawed and limiting understanding as human beings.

There are some flaws in your logic here. How do I know that it's my boss' car? How do I know it's his office? How do I know it's his jacket? Probably because I've seen him get into his car, working in his office, or seen him wearing that jacket.

The problem is that your credible evidence has to be supported by empirical evidence. What credible evidence is there that god exists? There is none. Any evidence put forth claiming that god exists is either based off assumption or faith. You cannot use the word evidence when trying to prove god exists because so far there is none.

Evolution surely does not lend credence to the bible, since believers say that the world is only a few thousand years old.

Such as?

At least we can agree on that part, lol.

Um, I'm not sure if you're aware, but people actually worshiped the Greek gods. They built temples to them, they prayed to them, and they made sacrifices to them. They truly believed that making sacrifices to Demeter would bring a better harvest. They believed that making sacrifices and praying to Ares would bring them fortune in war. They feared that not praying to Poseidon and offering him sacrifice would bring storms and poor fishing.

And given authority? By whom? Sure, Jesus existed, it was documented, but are the claims of his divinity true? So he "entwined" with real life people. That does not prove anything other than the fact that Jesus walked the earth. I'm not denying the existence of Jesus, and not once did I do so, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from.

So he reveals himself by having people invent stories about him? Do tell me, how these books are proven to be ivine, god's word? Surely you cannot.

I wonder why you said that a buddhist did say that to a prostitute then? I hope you weren't attempting to bear false witness against a buddhist.

I also hope you realize that Buddha rejected the Brahmanistic caste system a very long time ago.

"Birth does not make one a priest or an outcaste. Behaviour makes one either a priest or an outcaste" - Siddhārtha Gautama Buddha

speaking of hinduism here is something i read the other day ,

Girl dies during menstrual confinement

Thu, 13 Sep, 08:42 PM

A girl died in Nepal's far-west after being buried under a landslide in a cow-shed, where she had been confined while menstruating, local media reported Thursday.

In the western districts of the country, girls are confined to sheds during menstruation, in a local tradition called chaupadi. They are forbidden to visit temples or enter the house during their period and are made to sleep in the cow-sheds.

Kumari Basnet, 16, was killed in a remote village in Jajarkot district on Monday night, when the shed was buried under a landslide, The Kathmandu Post daily reported.

Women are considered impure during menstruation in the Hindu tradition.

In western Nepal, many women following the chaupadi tradition die due to infections or attack by animals. Some also fall victim to rapists because the sheds are sometimes located at a distance from houses

It seems all the big relgions descriminate against women , how many examples of descrimination does it take for people to realise that religion is at the core of most of the predjudice and descrimination in the world today .

This was also done in the Qum'ran community, that is said to be the home of John the Baptist.

For women in their time of uncleanness, they are to be put outside the community, and then brought back.

It's not a sexist discrimination, it's for health purposes. I disagree with their methods, I think they should be brought up to speed with tampons and what have you, but they don't.

This was also done in the Qum'ran community, that is said to be the home of John the Baptist.

For women in their time of uncleanness, they are to be put outside the community, and then brought back.

It's not a sexist discrimination, it's for health purposes. I disagree with their methods, I think they should be brought up to speed with tampons and what have you, but they don't.

1. Credible evidences does not hinge on empirical evidence. Someone introducing you "this is the boss" is enough reason for you to believe "this guy is the boss".

2. I don't think this world is a few thousand years old. It takes at least a million years to even cool down from being formed.

3. The existence of Evil is also evidence of a God. How can Evil exist without God?

Archived