The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks interested in Shea Weber

I wasn't critiquing you or anything. I'm just saying his value will obviously be through the roof when he's available for trade, so why tear apart the team when we have a similar defenseman in Edler, whom can still improve?

Sorry if I came across that way, I'm just debating CDC's obsession with Weber :P

Pretty much. Edler has one year to prove himself as a consistent force on the Canucks defensive corps. My main gripe with Edler has been the lack of consistency. Some games he crushes anyone not in a Canucks jersey remotely close to blueine, some games he literally watches as we get scored on.

Weber ain't perfect either. Kesler proved that during the series against Nashville. However Weber is much more consistent, and moreso he adds something that I don't know if Edler can. Deterrence. When Weber is on the ice, there are very little liberties taken against his teammates. The same cannot be said for Edler. Can it?

The one piece of the puzzle the Canucks lack is an alpha defenseman. Sure Bieksa will stand up for his team, but his size prevents him from taking on the Lucics and Otts of the league.

Both Edler and Weber are amongst the best offensively gifted d-men in the league. Weber, however, is a more complete defensman.

Also, Edler hasn't signed with the Canucks and may be looking at Weber's contract for inspiration.

Archived