The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks interested in Shea Weber

The popular thing to do on CDC these days is to put Edler into every proposal. Edler is a 26 year old Dman with Norris potential. He is coming off a 50 Pts season and signed to a great contract for next year.

Edler will be signed to a lengthy extension at approx $5 million per year in the very near future. Edler will take less than market value to re-sign with the Canucks

No way this kid gets traded. He is worth a lot more than his trade value, particularly because he will be UFA after this season.

I had no issue with any of your posts at anytime, tystick. Your ideas are always sound.

I agree with you on the idea of doing the most we can to keep the team intact. I believe a big part of this is holding on to our younger players who can keep the Canucks in contention for the forseeable future.

My initial post was a bit rash by including so many players, namely Gaunce, Jensen, and Lack. These three, I believe, will be instrumental pieces in a future Canucks line-up.

However, I do believe that Gillis will make a play for Shea Weber, if it is feasible. He went to Kelowna and had a three hour meeting at Weber's home, in which he stated his interest in making him a Canuck.

Gilman has also stated that they would be willing to pay Weber what he wants.

"He's one player you look at and see he's worth it," Gilman said.

http://www.theprovin...l#ixzz25llfKmR5

At this point, it's nothing more than speculation.

But if the Canucks could acquire one of the league's best defenseman without totally destroying the team, we would be frighteningly good.

Archived