The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Man Stages Death to Ascertain Girlfriend's Love in Marriage Proposal

Hat Trick Maker

I just lost a little faith in humanity, despite the happy ending.

Russian man fakes his own death in car-crash marriage proposal — and she said YES

Alexey Bykov hired a film crew to show girlfriend Irena Kolokov what life would be like without him — before popping the question.

By Michael Walsh / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 4:37 PM

blood5n-1-web.jpg

Alexey Bykov’s fiancee sure can take a joke. He faked his own death and when she was weeping over his body, he jumped up to propose.

A Russian man faked his own death in an unhinged marriage proposal stunt.

Alexey Bykov hired a filmmaker, makeup artists and stuntmen to create elaborate car-crash scene — fit for a film.

He planned to meet his girlfriend Irena Kolokov at the site. When she arrived, she saw him sprawled out on the ground covered in blood, reports Orange News.

blood5n-4-web.jpg

Alexey Bykov planned an elaborate hoax-death in a car-wreck to show fiancee Irena Kolokov what life would be without him.

"When I arrived there were mangled cars everywhere, ambulances, smoke and carnage…a paramedic told me he was dead and I just broke down in tears," Irena said.

Alexey wanted her to realize how "life would have no meaning" without him, according to The Sun.

As Irena sobbed, Alexey stood up and asked for her hand in marriage. But she didn't laugh at the hoax initially.

blood5n-2-web.jpg

Alexey Bykov’s fiancee Irena Kolokov thought he was dead, and when he proposed, she said she almost killed him for real — before forgiving him and saying, ‘Yes.”

"I was so cross," she said. "I almost killed him again, but for real this time."

But soon after, she said yes and posed for engagement photos with her fake blood-soaked fiancé.

blood5n-3-web.jpg

The happy couple, after all is forgiven, are engaged!

Archived