The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Carey Price to Vancouver. (for Lack + Jensen + 2nd)

palindrom

I know it sound weird at first, but let me explain.....

I am a Montreal fan and i am really disappointed in the 6.500 000$ we gave Price.

Since Price is a BC native i think Vancouver could have an interest for him. He is one of the best young goalie in the league.

And the best or all, i wont ask the moon for him, my asking price is Only Lack + Jensen + 2nd. I dont want any of Schneider or Luongo back as i dont like their contract as well. And since Vancouver want to win now and Montreal is going to miss the playoff anyway, asking only for prospect is a nice fit.

According to many of their post in many thread, Vancouver fans are among the one who really know how valuable are franchise goalies. I have also often hear how a proven asset worth more than prospect with no NHL experience. So i give you the opportunity to virtually acquire a proven young franchise goalie for a bargain!!

I know you already have Luongo, Schneider and Lack, but being already set in goal never ever been an obstacle for you to propose Luongo to Florida fans who already have Theodore, resigned Clemmensen and Markstrom.

Think about it....Im getting back Lack in the proposal and Vancouver is expected to trade Luongo anyways, so after the proposal Vancouver will have Price + Schneider and could be set in goal for the next decade. Having 2 elites goalies always been one of the main reason Vancouver was successful in the past few year, so lets continue the successful formula.

So any of you would accept my proposal? Any counter offer? (Also, Lets imagine for the sake of the argument that you wont be able to Trade Price back for more than you gave me, because you gave me the best offer around the league..do you still do it ?)

Guest BuckFoston

What's the point of this proposal or even trying to give a counter offer when the guy made it clear he is exactly where he wants to be and wants to make a life there with his woman. I could see discussing players who don't openly voice their attachment to a particular place or team, but this is silly.

I would accept it and run, then we would have 3 all star goalies and two to trade, which would mean we would get an absolutely amazing return once the deals are done.

But...

- You could get alot more

- Having two goalies to trade (or even two to keep) would be really tough, and would put us back to spending too much on goalies

A couple years ago (when Price was struggling, and pre-Cory Schneider), I kidded around that the Canucks should trade Lu for Price straight up.

Price's value to MTL is way too high and trading him would be franchise suicide.

Lets not care about that, let say according to your judgement that i am a bad GM and i give the opportunity to Vancouver to acquire Price for Jensen, lack and a 2nd (but you wotn be able to trade Price back for more, because we assume its the best offer i could find around the league for him.)

Do you accept the trade or not?

Archived