The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Carey Price to Vancouver. (for Lack + Jensen + 2nd)

palindrom

:picard: This makes no sense for either team. Unless the Habs want MacKinnon they'd laugh at MG each time he calls Montreal. With this you're essentially handing Vancouver the Cup as MG could trade Luongo for something great and Price for something incredible.

Lets not care about that, let say according to your judgement that i am a bad GM and i give the opportunity to Vancouver to acquire Price for Jensen, lack and a 2nd (but you wotn be able to trade Price back for more, because we assume its the best offer i could find around the league for him.)

Do you accept the trade or not?

Apart from the obvious trolling by the OP, even if he is genuinely interested in what it'd take to get Price, why would one of the worst teams in the NHL last year trade it's starting goalie for two prospects and a pick? By the (again, trolling) logic about Price being a BC boy why wouldn't Luongo be going back in an even swap? He's from Montreal, just like Price is from BC. Then, why do we need another starter who's more expensive than either of our current ones?

There is so much wrong with this thread.

Idk I guess but Price I think is better than Luongo, they are close skillwise but Price is young and I personally think he is probably a bit better than Luongo right now.

I would take him over Luongo or Schneider myself if I could have one of the 3.

There is a huge difference in Luongo/Lecavalier and Weber/Edler.

Weber > Edler

Luongo > Lecavalier

Not a good comparison.

A better comparison would be saying "I have 6 Edler jersey's" then saying we should trade him for someone like James Wisniewski, Brian Campbell or Alex Goligoski.

Archived