The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BCHL Showcase

ShowcaseSml.jpg

Dear Friends of the BCHL and all 16 Member Teams:

I hope by now you have heard the exciting news that the BC Hockey League will hold its first-ever Showcase Event at Chilliwack’s Prospera Centre this September.

The BCHL Showcase will see all 16 teams of the BCHL come together over three days to play two games each – games that will count in points standings. The event starts on Friday, Sept. 7 afternoon and wraps up in the evening of Sunday, Sept. 9.

Scouts from many NHL teams as well as Canadian and NCAA colleges and universities will be on hand to see our players in action.

We are strongly encouraging fans from all teams – as well as friends and relatives of team members – to come out to experience the Showcase, and also take a first-hand look at the other teams that your club will be facing this 2012-13 season.

Chilliwack is laying out the red carpet for you with the City of Chilliwack, Tourism Chilliwack and the Chilliwack Chamber of Commerce all encouraging their staff and members to welcome fans and families from all BCHL communities. You can expect the very best of service and friendly smiles wherever you go in Chilliwack over the weekend.

Ticket pricing for this event has been kept exceptionally affordable for families and groups. Ticket options range from single games, to full day passes, to full weekend passes.

Also here on our website under the 'Showcase' menu is the full schedule of games as well as the ticket pricing schedule. You may purchase your tickets online or by calling the Chilliwack Chiefs at 604 392-4433. Additionally, there is a list of Chilliwack hotels should you choose to stay overnight. Chilliwack has many fine eating establishments including Frankie’s Italian Kitchen & Bar in the Prospera Centre building.

We at the BCHL as well as the Chilliwack Hosting Committee look forward to seeing you at this, the first of what will become an annual event in a different BCHL city each year.

Sincerely,

GrisSignature.jpg

John Grisdale

Commissioner, BCHL

Links:

Showcase Schedule: http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/custom_page.cfm?leagueID=2393&clientID=1413&pageID=12982

Venue: http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/custom_page.cfm?clientid=1413&leagueid=2393&pageID=12979

Very excited for this weekend packed full of hockey. Prospera Center is a great facility and an excellent choice of the first BCHL showcase. Anyone else going to cheer on their favorite BCHL team?

Go Chiefs Go! :towel:

You guys got it all wrong, Express is where its at. I used to be a pretty big Express fan, and even now after I've moved right next to the Eagles home rink and the Express moved to Coquitlam I'm still an Express fan. Go Express!

Chilliwack Chiefs@Chiefs_Hockey

Canucks Defenceman and BCHL Showcase Honorary Chairperson Jason Garrison will be signing autographs at the Chiefs... http://fb.me/1haUvwITG

Barry Douglas@BarryDouglas1

This just in, Vancouver Canucks dman Jason Garrison will be @bchllive Save on Foods Showcase Friday night from 6:30-7pm signing autographs

Day 1 scores:

Alberni Valley Bulldogs - 3

Langley Riverman - 7

Coquitlam Express - 1 (OT)

Victoria Grizzlies - 0

Surry Eagles - 3 (OT)

Powell River Kings - 2

Pentiction Vees - 2

Chilliwack Chiefs - 1

I was at the Vees/Chiefs game last night and there wasn't as many Chief fans there that I thought there would be (compaired to last year). Impressed with the number of scouts that were there and the number of different booths set up around the rink.

Archived