Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shawn antoski

(proposal) FLYERS-CANUCKS- adding grit,size and fighters

7 posts in this topic

Regardless if we get Doan or we Doan't, The Canucks are going to get tossed around again next year, its the best and maybe only way the canucks can be stopped. As an elite team for the last 2-3 years, other teams , study and learn how we play and have found weaknesses. It’s very apparent that the Vancouver Canucks are a team that prefer to beat their opponents on the scoreboard rather than on the ice. Even Daniel Sedin acknowledged there are teams “who think they can get us off our game” by running players.

No more turning the other cheek or complaining to the ref , ITS TIME TO FIGHT BACK. We need the players to be accountable for there actions. We need teams to be scared of playing us, not the other way around. keep the top 6 the way it is. Im talking about the supporting cast. Max ,Higgins and Hansen have played extremely well together and are a great shut down line , but there not scaring anybody away. I think we need to trade for some fighters, not Goons that cant skate but guys that can forecheck ,hit and fight

VAN

LW- Zac Rinaldo

LW-Tom Sestito

4th round pick

PHILLY

D- Yan Sauve

D- Andrew Alberts

F- Dale Weise

3rd round pick

-Free Agent Dman-pick one or two

Foster, Kurtis

Campoli, Chris

Barker, Cam

Clark, Brett

Gilroy, Matt

Eaton, Mark

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) --- Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) /----- Alexandre Burrows ($2.000m) -no explanation needed

David Booth ($4.250m) ----Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) /---Mason Raymond ($2.275m) -speed line(need to find chemistry)

Chris Higgins ($1.900m) -- Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m)---Jannik Hansen ($1.350m) -shut down line with speed&skill

Zac Rinaldo ($0.544m) /--- Manny Malhotra ($2.500m) /-- Zack Kassian ($0.870m) - shut down line that hits

Tom Sestito ($0.605m)

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) /------------------- Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Alexander Edler ($3.250m)-------------------Jason Garrison ($4.600m)

Keith Ballard ($4.200m) /--------------------- Chris Tanev ($0.900m)

1 or 2 UFA DMAN UP TOO ($3.000m) -------Kevin Connauton ($0.900m) (main call up from AHL)

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $69,777,777; BONUSES: $185,000

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $422,223

Wouldn't need Sesito and Rinaldo, one would be more than enough.

If I had to choose I'd say we just try to get Rinaldo.

Wouldn't need Sesito and Rinaldo, one would be more than enough.

If I had to choose I'd say we just try to get Rinaldo.