D-Bo7

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

screw you all

i still want doan

you losers whine all year for signings and then when you have to wait you just give up

get the fudge outta here

Yep, it's pretty funny.

Everyone is complaining how Gillis has done nothing all offseason, yet the one signing that we have a chance at that would significantly upgrade our team is not good enough.

It's not as easy as just acquiring player x because you think they're good. Any trade we would make for a top 6 would take significant assets, if we even had them. That's why this is the best option for us, and it's worth waiting it out for.

But at the one sign that things may not be going our way, people suddenly pretend they don't want him. These people better not get all excited if we sign him then.

Edited by D-Bo7, 09 September 2012 - 03:18 PM.

#32 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,408 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:00 PM

How did those idiots get that arena in Glendale in the first place?

I guess my question for the taxpayers is, 'Well, you shut it down... Now what?'

It's not like they have people knocking down their door to fill that bloody arena...
Posted Image

#33 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,408 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

As for Doan, we've seen every one of his so-called deadlines come and go. All he's done is weaken his bargaining strength with the Coyotes.

But imo a hand shake is a done deal to a guy like Doan. He'll be a Coyote until they nail the doors shut.
Posted Image

#34 D-Bo7

D-Bo7

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

As for Doan, we've seen every one of his so-called deadlines come and go. All he's done is weaken his bargaining strength with the Coyotes.

But imo a hand shake is a done deal to a guy like Doan. He'll be a Coyote until they nail the doors shut.

The deal that he shook hands on was that he'd agree to a contract, IF ownership is in place by the 15th.

If Jamison can't get that done, he will have broken his part of the deal, therefore Doan will walk.

#35 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

he'll extend his decision to dec 21st 2012 :bigblush:

Posted Image

#36 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,558 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 11:59 PM

Still want Doan of course.... especially if the deal is like what he has apparently agreed to in principle in Phoenix.

4yr, 21 million = only 5.25 cap hit... that isn't so bad for a player nowadays.

Most of it paid up front in signing bonus so that at the end of the contract if he isn't playing well or retires (assuming they grandfather all existing contracts under current rules), he would be paid very little actual cash, and easy to move off the books to another team who needs the cap hit.
Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#37 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,949 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:11 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Doan continues to wait for Jamison after the 15th......

But he might sign somewhere for that signing bonus, who knows.

Hard to say at this point. His loyalty to the Coyotes will be tested even further.

Posted ImagePosted Image

RIP LB RR PD

#38 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,836 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 12:14 AM

Still want Doan of course.... especially if the deal is like what he has apparently agreed to in principle in Phoenix.

4yr, 21 million = only 5.25 cap hit... that isn't so bad for a player nowadays.

Most of it paid up front in signing bonus so that at the end of the contract if he isn't playing well or retires (assuming they grandfather all existing contracts under current rules), he would be paid very little actual cash, and easy to move off the books to another team who needs the cap hit.

I think Doan would want a little more than that. But if we got him for under $6M I would be ecstatic.
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#39 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

fact is if he doesnt want to risk them making a deal come the 15th ( dont rule it out , these things heat up in the finals 4-5 days)

he could screw himself out of any big payoff considering his age and what the new CBA may have in it

in that case he could end up in phoenix yes , but with alot less money and im sure he does not want that

times a ticking doaner

Edited by cIutch, 10 September 2012 - 02:56 AM.

Posted Image

#40 Humble Rodent

Humble Rodent

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

anyways la dee da

Edited by Humble Rodent, 10 September 2012 - 11:17 AM.

Posted Image

#41 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,659 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

Phoenix Coyotes on the move? NHL may soon consider relocation

With all this sudden Jarome Iginla chatter, most hockey fans spent the majority of Wednesday evening talking about a player that probably should have been moved last year, at the very least. But somewhat overshadowed in the rumoured end to the Iggy Derby was Darren Dreger's update regarding a team that probably should have been moved last year: the Phoenix Coyotes.
According to Dreger, the NHL may be running out of patience in Phoenix. After years of doing their best to keep the team in Glendale, the league could make a decision on relocating the franchise in advance of the Stanley Cup playoffs.
"It's clear time [is] running out and relocation must be considered," Dreger tweeted.
The TSN analyst listed Quebec City, Seattle and Kansas City among relocation sites, none of them new options to puckheads.
But at this point, I think hockey fans know not to react too quickly to any report about the Phoenix Coyotes, and this one is no different. Don't think that's the end of the Coyotes as we know them just yet.
"Current focus remains on selling the Coyotes to ownership in Glendale," Bill Daly told Yahoo!'s Nick Cotsonika. "We haven't spent much time on anything else."
Adding to that, John Shannon passed on new information Wednesday night regarding another comeback by Ice Edge. According to Shannon, Ice Edge CEO is part of a new group that he leads along with George Gosbee, head of AltaCorp Capital and Vice Chair of AIMCo, a $70 Billion investment Fund. "Word is they are finalizing a proposal with NHL," Shannon said.
Basically, nothing is set in stone at all, which means there really isn't anything new here. It's seemed like just about anything could happen in the Glendale ownership kerfuffle for years, and now it just seems slightly morelike that.
Still, if the Coyotes do move, where they go could have a big impact on another recent hot topic: realignment. The Coyotes were supposed to be part of the Westernmost grouping in the new setup. A move to Seattle would be ideal from this perspective, since they're even further West than Phoenix. There's little headache there.
But a move from Phoenix to, say, Quebec City, which Dreger said was the frontrunner, throws the conferences as the Board of Governors approved them into disarray. Somehow, I suspect Quebec City won't so into that.
Would Kansas City?
They'd probably be more comfortable in Division B, with midwestern teams like the Minnesota Wild, who are almost a straight shot north of them. But if the Coyotes go East, someone is going to have to move West, and as we've seen, pretty much no one wants to move West.
Stay tuned on this one.

#42 MashedBananas

MashedBananas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

Phoenix Coyotes on the move? NHL may soon consider relocation

I just finished reading this. ABOUT TIME!
Posted Image

Sig Credit goes to Henrik Sedin

#43 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

Better be Seattle, so it doesn't screw up with the realignment.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#44 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:22 AM

I still say Portland is the best choice. Population may not be in the same ballpark as Seattle/KC/Houston but it has an arena and more hockey history than some of the oft suggested cities.

Seattle and Quebec can bid on expansion teams for 2015 when arenas are in the process. Let the NHL get a big pile of money.

Toronto can grab a team like the bjs or florida when they finally lose enough money.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#45 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,339 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:48 AM

They better move. If it is Quebec City, I guess they could move a team like Dteroit or Columbus or Nashville back into the central division, then move the Avs to the Pacific.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#46 canuckster19

canuckster19

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:50 AM

They better move. If it is Quebec City, I guess they could move a team like Dteroit or Columbus or Nashville back into the central division, then move the Avs to the Pacific.

Nashville is in the Central division, it would have to be one of Detroit, Columbus or maybe both to keep 15 teams each.
Posted Image
Trekkie Monster says: GO CANUCKS GO!

Please read the Board Rules

#47 Bill F-ing Murray

Bill F-ing Murray

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

Better be Seattle, so it doesn't screw up with the realignment.

Seattle is not possible at this time. The arena is no where near done whereas Quebec has an arena that can be used until the new one is built.

I personally don't care for the move to seattle... I am in quebec and wouldn't mind a second chance for the canucks to play here close to home

Posted Image

“Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities.

So next time someone tells me they believe in God, I’ll say “Oh which one? Zeus? Hades? Jupiter? Mars? Odin? Thor? Krishna? Vishnu? Ra?…” If they say “Just God. I only believe in the one God,”

I’ll point out that they are nearly as atheistic as me.I don’t believe in 2,870 gods, and they don’t believe in 2,869.”

Ricky Gervais

#48 Bill F-ing Murray

Bill F-ing Murray

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:03 AM

I think if the team does move to the east then Detroit should stay thare and Columbus should get the boot. Original 6 should trump an expansion team

Posted Image

“Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities.

So next time someone tells me they believe in God, I’ll say “Oh which one? Zeus? Hades? Jupiter? Mars? Odin? Thor? Krishna? Vishnu? Ra?…” If they say “Just God. I only believe in the one God,”

I’ll point out that they are nearly as atheistic as me.I don’t believe in 2,870 gods, and they don’t believe in 2,869.”

Ricky Gervais

#49 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:06 AM

Seattle makes total sense. The Hanson group, including Steve Balmer of MicroSoft, already have bought the NBA franchise in Sacremento. They expect an arena completed in two years. The Yotes could play in the existing 10,000 seat arena until then.

Canucks can only hope this is what comes down. It would cut how many miles & hours off their travel? The ownership group is absolutely solid. They don't have to scratch deals together like Ice Edge. Kansas City has no history of success. Quebec City cannot run a province so why would a NHL team be a go for a 2nd round?

#50 InTheCrease

InTheCrease

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:43 AM

Wonder what Doan is thinking, considering he apparently felt confident a deal would be done and they would be staying in Phoenix
I played for the Leafs for three years, Im used to the booing so it wont affect me - Kyle Wellwood

#51 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 64,389 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

@NHLexpertpicks: New group of Canadian investors emerging as potential buyers of the #Coyotes. Nothing imminent yet.
Posted Image

#52 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

Seattle is not possible at this time. The arena is no where near done whereas Quebec has an arena that can be used until the new one is built.

I personally don't care for the move to seattle... I am in quebec and wouldn't mind a second chance for the canucks to play here close to home

Seattle have two temporarily arenas they can use in the mean time while the new one is under construction. They can use the Key Arena or the Tacoma Dome.

Also why move Phoenix out of the West into the crammed East? That is pretty unfair... Quebec can wait out longer, they should be part of the expansion..

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.