Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Hit on a Canuck which angered you the most?

• Please log in to reply
171 replies to this topic

#91 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:48 PM

Haha, Mayray's awesome. That's what truly protecting yourself looks like, vs ducking a random D-man who doesn't have the puck.

I can't tell if you're joking or not, so I'll instead just remind you that the point of that video was to show you that the two hits were IDENTICAL, and if Marchand's a rat for doing it to Salo, what does that make Raymond for doing it to Marchand?

Watch the video, it's the same damn thing.

#92 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

this thread made me remember how much of a feline ehrhoff is/was

Yeah, good to know that that problem's been solved.

Regards,

Chris Tanev

#93 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,090 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:01 PM

POPULAR

I can't tell if you're joking or not, so I'll instead just remind you that the point of that video was to show you that the two hits were IDENTICAL, and if Marchand's a rat for doing it to Salo, what does that make Raymond for doing it to Marchand?

Watch the video, it's the same damn thing.

lol wut, it's not the same thing at all. The contact was made in a similar area yea, but that's not why one landed a suspension and the other didn't. It was the circumstance and intent of the hit, not so much how low he got. Mayray makes a pass and sees a known dirty player coming in to make a potentially high and borderline late hit, he says "oh snap" and avoided getting plastered the only way he could. That is self defence, a perfect example of what Marchand claimed he was doing. The hit on Salo was a race to the puck with no possession and that rat decided to cut him off and make like a bridge. Shanaban's explanation nailed it, for once.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 07 September 2012 - 06:02 PM.

#94 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

lol wut, it's not the same thing at all. The contact was made in a similar area yea, but that's not why one landed a suspension and the other didn't. It was the circumstance and intent of the hit, not so much how low he got. Mayray makes a pass and sees a known dirty player coming in to make a potentially high and borderline late hit, he says "oh snap" and avoided getting plastered the only way he could. That is self defence, a perfect example of what Marchand claimed he was doing. The hit on Salo was a race to the puck with no possession and that rat decided to cut him off and make like a bridge. Shanaban's explanation nailed it, for once.

Wow, you are blind by your homerism.

In either scenario, the player getting hit didn't have the puck. The only reason why Marchand got suspended was because Salo got injured (and I'm sure there was a lot of squaking from our management team). Had he have gotten up, like Marchand did, Shanahan wouldn't have even watched it twice.

#95 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:17 PM

POPULAR

In either scenario, the player getting hit didn't have the puck. The only reason why Marchand got suspended was because Salo got injured (and I'm sure there was a lot of squaking from our management team). Had he have gotten up, like Marchand did, Shanahan wouldn't have even watched it twice.

yeah you're right, marchand is a super tough superhero, and every player in the league should play like he does.
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#96 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

The Raymond hit pissed me off the most. Dirty hit from behind, slammed him right into the boards breaking his back. No call, no suspension, and the classless Boston Bruins fans chanting "Diverrrrr" as he was taken off on a stretcher.

Edited by Moonshinefe, 07 September 2012 - 06:49 PM.

#97 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:45 PM

You are also forgetting that earlier in the series Marchand had made a couple of low bridge hits like that on the Sedins and others. He was not penalized for those plays whatsoever. So later in the series Raymond repays the favour, by ducking on a player known for dirty and dangerous hits, who was coming at him with speed. In that instance, it was a justifiable hit. Also it was from the front.
Salo's hit was in the regular season many months later, on a player who wasn't even going for a big hit, who didn't expect to get low bridged from BEHIND by Marchand. See the scenarios are different.
That's not homerism. That is just how it was. And I hate to use the NHL ruling as an example to prove my point, as they are inconsistent and poor at their job, but I feel it actually does matter in this instance, as they saw the two hits as different.
Posted Image

#98 canuck2379

canuck2379

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Until then, PK Subban's hit is easily my favourite hit ever.

Couldn't agree more....seeing PK Subban slam Marchand like that was fantastic! And unlike Marchand...he did it cleanly!

#99 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_BStkVC_zQ

i thought it might cheer everybody up after watching all of marchands dirty hits.

Love to pick up PK
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#100 canuck2379

canuck2379

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

Oh OK...I'll watch it again :)

#101 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

Must be the hit that Rome's shoulder took from Horton's skull.

Edited by Strombone1, 07 September 2012 - 11:39 PM.

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2013-14 GDT Registrations
Canucks Game Prediction Challenge

#102 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,833 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

You are also forgetting that earlier in the series Marchand had made a couple of low bridge hits like that on the Sedins and others. He was not penalized for those plays whatsoever. So later in the series Raymond repays the favour, by ducking on a player known for dirty and dangerous hits, who was coming at him with speed. In that instance, it was a justifiable hit. Also it was from the front.
Salo's hit was in the regular season many months later, on a player who wasn't even going for a big hit, who didn't expect to get low bridged from BEHIND by Marchand. See the scenarios are different.
That's not homerism. That is just how it was. And I hate to use the NHL ruling as an example to prove my point, as they are inconsistent and poor at their job, but I feel it actually does matter in this instance, as they saw the two hits as different.

Additionally, Marchand had committed this exact same 'defensive' measure throughout the season and openly admitted it after the game. When you factor in his reputation, the fact he has done this more than once and the how he is a dirty player on a fairly regular basis, it was easy to suspend him. Raymond, yes, he ducked as well. However, take into consideration the guy has the cleanest record going, it's easy to look the other way and that's what the NHL did. I don't think a suspension is warranted in Raymond's case. A warning, fine, but not a suspension.

No player should be ducking. You're never taught at any level in hockey to 'duck' in order to protect yourself from a hit for obvious reasons. That's just f'ing stupid.
Posted Image

#103 Brodeur

Brodeur

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:24 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDC8rh_1yz4

Good to see Bourdon, and good to see that he tried to stand up to the hit against his fellow team-mate.

Btw, The McSorley hit was too painful to watch. I can't believe i forgot about that head club.... I remember watching that.. oh man.. Now that's called standing up for your team. Loved the way Garth Snow hunted McSorley down. He deserved more than that.

#104 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,964 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

Cant get much uglier!

McSorley on Brashear!

#105 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:09 AM

Kieth on daniel getslaf on hammer and the hit that ended mitchells career with the canucks. pretty much lost my marbles when each of there hits happened. favorite hit is when Mitchell plowed toews center ice. then he gets up skates falls skates and crawls. all while the sedins were at the other end putting the puck in the net lmao.

Posted Image

#freetorts

-Credit to blueberries-

#106 puckinaround

puckinaround

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

Anyone remember the Getzlaf hit on Hamhuis two years ago. This was right after he had a concussion or maybe the hit that caused it. If anyone finds the video its worth the post. There was also a similar hit on Bieksa behind the net I think by Brent Seabrook that was straight to the head. Took him down for a while and the worst part was there was no call.

#107 coyotecanuck

coyotecanuck

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:40 AM

Ladd's dangerous and Dirty blindside hit to the head on Kesler. Puck was miles away.

"Who knows, the center ice ref might have had a better view than the ref 5 feet away."

#108 RIPRYP

RIPRYP

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:12 PM

I love how Garth Snow went after Marty. We need more players like SNOW!

RIP to the BEST pound for pound fighter the NHL has ever seen. Will be missed.

#109 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:47 PM

Moore on Naslund
Keith on Sedin
Posted Image

#110 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,502 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hmmm, I could be wrong. And the fact that nobody else remembers it the way I do probably speaks to that. However, I remember Smith chasing Bure (not that that was unusual) for the entire shift, finally getting his hands on Pavel as he rounded the net, and basically horse-collar tackling him from behind. Bure fell backwards, pinning his leg under him, as far as I remember. For years I hated Steve Smith as a result.

In fairness, I was a HUUUUUGE Bure fan, though, so my opinion of the hit would likely be different if it hadn't been my favourite player and also if I wasn't 15 at the time.

http://www.thescore....s-during-career

I think it's still unclear as to what happened.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#111 Mcfly

Mcfly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

Can you believe the Boston fans ?

"Floopppeerrrr, floppppeerrrr"

Seeing him all busted and showing his support IN Vancouver for game 7 was inspiring. Because of that I'll always have a soft spot for him. It's not easy going from broken back to top performance. I wish him the best for this season.

Fans can't be blamed for crappy chanting.
We're like the worst.

That hit really got to me though.
Also Daniel being used as a punching bag in the finals.
It's so classic that the Canucks can't get standard calls in the playoffs. It's basically what's wrong with Playoff hockey and why it becomes a free for all brute fest instead of the fast skills game some fans would rather see.

People shoot down the non-calls, but these are all factors that can win or lose games.
If Danny got a call from taking obvious punches to the head, it may have been all that was needed to turn that game around.

#112 schlaBAM

schlaBAM

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

I couldnt find any footage on youtube, but a hit that I still remember quite well is a hit by Sabres Rhett Warrener and Jay Mckee on Naslund that broke his leg. Odd that there's nothing on youtube.

Posted Image

XBL: canucks4lyfe

#113 SkateLogoWasBetter

SkateLogoWasBetter

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

I can't believe nobody through two pages has said the Steve Smith mugging of Pavel Bure which essentially destroyed Bure's knee and began his injury problems (I couldn't find a video).

McSorley-Brashear was a fairly close second, with Moore-Naslund being third for me...

No more calls, we have a winner. Without this hit, Pavel scores over 600 goals and 1000 points. No one ever discusses this hit, the cheapest slewfoot in hockey history it but THIS is why I hate the Blackhawks.

To put is perspective, if someone did this to Steve Stamkos today, he'd be suspended for a full season. Pavel was still amazing but never the same and the Canucks fell from SCF contenders to also rans for 7 years after.
Posted Image">

My expansive Sami Salo Game worn collection: sami-salo.webs.com

#114 sharnhayre

sharnhayre

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:00 PM

Keith on Sedin for me... dirtayyy

#115 Thrill-House

Thrill-House

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:25 AM

Anyways, this one for some reason REALLY got to me..

He was just protecting himself right ? :rolleyes: I mean, Salo was coming at blazing speed, I guess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGD5DbljtfE

love how everyone says the canucks didn't make marchand pay.

Kinda hard when Chara comes to his aid instantly.
Posted Image

#116 kesler17rulez

kesler17rulez

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 05:45 PM

When I forget who from L.A. sandwiched Burrows last season in the playoffs. :sadno:
But maybe Marchand's low hit on Salo. His reponse was just plain sick! :picard:

#117 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

Not really a hit but, Jumbo Joe sticking his finger up, I think it was Hanks nose, several times in last years play-offs. It was between whistles right in front of the refs, during a captains, refs confrence. I thought this basically represented the league snubbing their noses at the Sedins and the Vancouver Canucks. Really had me questioning watching hockey at all. What has this league come too?
Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#118 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,990 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

When Marchand hit Salo I completely lost it. Started screaming and swearing even though both my parents were in the room. I was absolutely livid and I felt so bad for Salo when he tossed his stick in anger. The poor guy was having a good season and he's been injured a lot but has never shown that kind of anger. It was a total cheap shot.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#119 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

That Kronwall hit was not bad. Clean hit. Kronwall is one of my favourite players because of his hits. I'm not a homer, I respect and do not mind big clean hits on our players. That makes hockey fun. I sometimes want our players to get hit to wake them up in the game.

That is what makes good rivalries and good hockey, big clean hits going both ways. But Keith on Sedin is another story.

What I didn't like about that hit was that there is no control. Kronwall turned his back and at that point anything could have happened.If the back of his helmut had hit Kes in the face, things may have been allot worse. Lots of plays are out lawed because they are dangerous.......I believe this to be one of them.
Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#120 Truculence

Truculence

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,310 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

Cant believe we dont have more people talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvDk7jtNNhc

I was at that game. It was a gongshow in the stands too.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.