The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hit on a Canuck which angered you the most?

Jay86

You are also forgetting that earlier in the series Marchand had made a couple of low bridge hits like that on the Sedins and others. He was not penalized for those plays whatsoever. So later in the series Raymond repays the favour, by ducking on a player known for dirty and dangerous hits, who was coming at him with speed. In that instance, it was a justifiable hit. Also it was from the front.

Salo's hit was in the regular season many months later, on a player who wasn't even going for a big hit, who didn't expect to get low bridged from BEHIND by Marchand. See the scenarios are different.

That's not homerism. That is just how it was. And I hate to use the NHL ruling as an example to prove my point, as they are inconsistent and poor at their job, but I feel it actually does matter in this instance, as they saw the two hits as different.

Kieth on daniel getslaf on hammer and the hit that ended mitchells career with the canucks. pretty much lost my marbles when each of there hits happened. favorite hit is when Mitchell plowed toews center ice. then he gets up skates falls skates and crawls. all while the sedins were at the other end putting the puck in the net lmao.

Anyone remember the Getzlaf hit on Hamhuis two years ago. This was right after he had a concussion or maybe the hit that caused it. If anyone finds the video its worth the post. There was also a similar hit on Bieksa behind the net I think by Brent Seabrook that was straight to the head. Took him down for a while and the worst part was there was no call.

Hmmm, I could be wrong. And the fact that nobody else remembers it the way I do probably speaks to that. However, I remember Smith chasing Bure (not that that was unusual) for the entire shift, finally getting his hands on Pavel as he rounded the net, and basically horse-collar tackling him from behind. Bure fell backwards, pinning his leg under him, as far as I remember. For years I hated Steve Smith as a result.

In fairness, I was a HUUUUUGE Bure fan, though, so my opinion of the hit would likely be different if it hadn't been my favourite player and also if I wasn't 15 at the time.

Can you believe the Boston fans ?

"Floopppeerrrr, floppppeerrrr"

Seeing him all busted and showing his support IN Vancouver for game 7 was inspiring. Because of that I'll always have a soft spot for him. It's not easy going from broken back to top performance. I wish him the best for this season.

Not really a hit but, Jumbo Joe sticking his finger up, I think it was Hanks nose, several times in last years play-offs. It was between whistles right in front of the refs, during a captains, refs confrence. I thought this basically represented the league snubbing their noses at the Sedins and the Vancouver Canucks. Really had me questioning watching hockey at all. What has this league come too?

When Marchand hit Salo I completely lost it. Started screaming and swearing even though both my parents were in the room. I was absolutely livid and I felt so bad for Salo when he tossed his stick in anger. The poor guy was having a good season and he's been injured a lot but has never shown that kind of anger. It was a total cheap shot.

That Kronwall hit was not bad. Clean hit. Kronwall is one of my favourite players because of his hits. I'm not a homer, I respect and do not mind big clean hits on our players. That makes hockey fun. I sometimes want our players to get hit to wake them up in the game.

That is what makes good rivalries and good hockey, big clean hits going both ways. But Keith on Sedin is another story.

Archived