The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Paul McCartney Concert, Fireworks Damaged BC Place Roof

DonLever

The Roger Water's show WAS extremely good sound.

No echoe

No feedback

No blown speakers (unlike at Roger's show in the hockey rink where it took a full song for the sound guy to figure out one of the drivers on the top right had blown out)

special effect sound was correct, except for the "One Of My Turns" bit where the hooker walks into the bathroom, the depth of the sound was a bit off.

Years a go I saw a few concerts in BC Place and it was bad,bad sound but not anymore.

• 1 month later...

Bruce Springsteen to join Paul McCartney at BC Place

Vancouver station confirms The Boss will be on stage

The rumour had been circulating for a while — actually, pretty much since Paul McCartney announced his BC Place concert in September — that Bruce Springsteen would likely be joining Macca at BC Place Sunday evening.

But the hype machine went into overdrive Friday afternoon following a tweet by radio station CKNW.

“Just confirmed. Bruce Springsteen is flying in a day early to perform with Paul McCartney Sunday night at BC Place. Show’s already sold out,” the tweet said.

Although CKNW did not originally divulge its sources — and phone calls to promoter Live Nation yielded no official confirmation — the station aired an interview clip with Vancouver legend Red Robinson at 3 p.m. Friday in which he said the rumour was true and that Springsteen was indeed flying to Vancouver ahead of schedule to join McCartney at BC Place.

Springsteen and McCartney are good friends, and the two shared the stage at London’s Hyde Park in July.

The gig became infamous after London police shut it down for running past curfew, prompting a promise from both that they would at some point reunite on stage to finish their set. (The two will also be performing at a Hurricane Sandy benefit concert on Dec. 12 at Madison Square Garden in New York City.)

Springsteen is performing at Rogers Arena Monday night. Tickets are still available at Ticketmaster.

Sunday night’s concert, McCartney’s first in Vancouver since the Beatles played Empire Stadium in 1964, is sold out.

http://www.kamloopsn...iversong-guitar

I posted about this guys laser cut adjustable neck guitars on here last summer when he was competing for entreprenuer of the year[which he won].He also came in second in a national competion sponsored by the Business Development Bank of Canada for innovation.  If there was a search function I'd post this in it. Anyways to update this story, they will be making a delivery to Paul McCartney of his Riversong guitar and hope that he will play it. Cool story about I guy I know. Actually his grandmother was my first teacher.

He's built the guitar, now entrepreneur Mike Miltimore hopes legendary rocker Paul McCartney will accept the musical gift.

"That's what our goal is," Miltimore said Friday. "We built a guitar for Sir Paul, we've been in contact with his agent, and we're just waiting for the exact time to make the delivery."

McCartney plays B.C. Place stadium on Sunday night - his first concert in the area in 50 years. There's speculation that Bruce Springsteen, who performs at nearby Rogers Arena the next night, will join him.

With one of his laser-cut Riversong guitars ready to deliver to the former Beatle, Miltimore will make the trek to Vancouver on Sunday hoping McCartney will accept the gift and play a song with it. All he needs is word that the meeting is a go.

"We've built him an absolutely gorgeous guitar, said Miltimore.

Miltimore's won entrepreneur of the year for his Riversong guitars and came second runner up in the Business Development Bank of Canada's innovation award.

Archived