The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Paul McCartney Concert, Fireworks Damaged BC Place Roof

DonLever

I really think Paul's performance was buoyed by his desire to make up for a 48 year absence. He gave it all and the show was pro, pro, pro.

Just watching him do a solo accoustic version of Blackbird gave me chills.

Anyone else notice that one of his guitars had both Red Wings and Penguins stickers on them? I was wondering what the story was there.

I really think Paul's performance was buoyed by his desire to make up for a 48 year absence. He gave it all and the show was pro, pro, pro.

Just watching him do a solo accoustic version of Blackbird gave me chills.

Anyone else notice that one of his guitars had both Red Wings and Penguins stickers on them? I was wondering what the story was there.

Ummm... no. He could easily come out and do a 1 1/2 - 2 hour show and just run through the paces, which is what most bands do these days. Paul doesn't need the money at all. He's worth upwards of 750 million. He engaged the crowd countless times all night and you could tell he really wanted to be out there and perform.

I go to a tonne of concerts and McCartney last night is easily in my top 5, if not my top 3.

He

I'm not saying he was doing it for the money.

I meant that the production cost is through the roof. His tours cost millions upon millions of dollars, and earn even more. If other bands had the production money to throw around like Paul did, they'd sound just as good. Dunno how anyone can dispute that.

Well he did say he would see us next time. He definitely seemed to enjoy himself last night and by the sounds of it, he and his crew really enjoyed Vancouver over the past couple days from what I've read.

So hopefully he will be back in a few years. Until then youtube is your friend

I meant that the production cost is through the roof. His tours cost millions upon millions of dollars, and earn even more. If other bands had the production money to throw around like Paul did, they'd sound just as good. Dunno how anyone can dispute that.

Archived