The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Paul McCartney Concert, Fireworks Damaged BC Place Roof

DonLever

I saw Paul perform 4-5 years ago in Seattle (Key Arena). He really does give a great show. His concerts are 3+ hours and filled with his hits (Beatles, Wings, Solo). I would love to go this show but I don't have any other friends who would want to go/pay to go. I may just decide to get a single ticket closer to the show.

The hilight for me from that Seattle show was when he performed Helter Skelter....and of course, Hey Jude!!!

Bruce Springsteen is in Vancouver on Nov.26, the day following McCartney concert. There is a chance that they will perform together, which they have done before. So 2 for the price of one.

The only question I have is the availabilty of tickets. They will only have about 40,000 on sale and you know it will be sold out in minutes. Scalpers always seem to find a way to get tickets.

I've actually seen some recent televised performances and if you have some perspective on the matter that he's a 70 year old performer and not this guy:

paul-mcartney-hey-jude-1968-1.png

...he's still pretty good entertainment IMO. Sure his voice is as haggard as he is but he's a 70 FREAKING YEAR OLD ROCK STAR!. I don't expect him to sound 18. He's still one hell of an accomplished musician and performer.

I'm not old enough to have been able to see him live in his prime but him (along with the other three "Fab Four") were some of the most talented and influential artists of the past 100 years. Getting an opportunity to glimpse even a shimmer of that ray of artistic light is not something anyone should easily pass up IMO. Count yourself lucky that you were able to bathe in the full warmth of that light years ago but don't begrudge the rest of us who missed out for attempting to touch some small sliver of it.

springsteen is a bit stubborn with his set lists and plays too many new songs (there's like 5-7 'Wrecking Ball' songs per night. come on.) anyway, some other staples in recent shows seem to be:

born to run

10th avenue freezeout

badlands

dancing in the dark

hungry heart

working on the highway

the rising

thunder road

unfortunately 'nebraska' songs are getting performed inconsistently, but you're guaranteed about 22-30 songs, and your money's worth

i'll definitely be getting my dose of dad rock from the boss, but i'll pass on mccartney

Some people on this thread have said they would rather see Springsteen. Yes, I have seen Springsteen before and he is a great performer. But he comes to Vancouver quite often, every few years. On the other hand, Paul McCarthy has not been her for almost 50 years and he may never come again, given he is 70 years old. Do you think he will still be performing at 80 years of age? This is may be the last chance to see him before he joins Lennon and Harrison.

Tickets went on sale at 10:00 am and they are basically sold out except for single seats.

Fortunately I bought two during the Live Nation Pre-sale yesterday. Anyone with half a brain would be able to figure out the password for the presale. The password was easily found with a google search.

Archived