The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canada Closes Embassy in Iran, Expels Iranian Diplomats from Canada

Satan's Evil Twin

Canada Closes Embassy in Iran, Expels Iranian Diplomats from Canada

September 7, 2012 – Foreign Affairs Minister John Baird today issued the following statement:

“Canada has closed its embassy in Iran, effective immediately, and declared personae non gratae all remaining Iranian diplomats in Canada.

“Canada’s position on the regime in Iran is well known. Canada views the Government of Iran as the most significant threat to global peace and security in the world today.

“The Iranian regime is providing increasing military assistance to the Assad regime; it refuses to comply with UN resolutions pertaining to its nuclear program; it routinely threatens the existence of Israel and engages in racist anti-Semitic rhetoric and incitement to genocide; it is among the world’s worst violators of human rights; and it shelters and materially supports terrorist groups, requiring the Government of Canada to formally list Iran as a state sponsor of terrorism under the Justice for Victims of Terrorism Act.

“Moreover, the Iranian regime has shown blatant disregard for the Vienna Convention and its guarantee of protection for diplomatic personnel. Under the circumstances, Canada can no longer maintain a diplomatic presence in Iran. Our diplomats serve Canada as civilians, and their safety is our number one priority.

“Diplomatic relations between Canada and Iran have been suspended. All Canadian diplomatic staff have left Iran, and Iranian diplomats in Ottawa have been instructed to leave within five days.

“Canadians in Iran seeking routine consular and passport services should contact the Embassy of Canada in Ankara, Turkey, or any other Canadian mission. Those who require urgent assistance should contact the Emergency Watch and Response Centre in Ottawa, by calling collect at 613-996-8885 or by sending an email to sos@international.gc.ca.

“Canada has updated its Travel Reports and Warnings to advise Canadians to avoid all travel to Iran. Canadians who have Iranian nationality are warned in particular that the Iranian regime does not recognize the principle of dual nationality. By doing so, Iran makes it virtually impossible for Government of Canada officials to provide consular assistance to Iranian-Canadians in difficulty.”

http://www.international.gc.ca/media/aff/news-communiques/2012/09/07a.aspx?view=d

Something is going down, it is only a matter of when. Canada's government has been pro-Israel for quite some time. I am certain Bibi would let our government know it is time to get out of Dodge. And then there is the US prepositioned in Tajikistan, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and Afghanistan, and kept most of its military hardware in place since the drawdowns.

Would you fight for a govt. that lies and steals from you. I'm not going to. I would however fight against them. Something very big is about to happen....we won't know until it does, because that's how the govt. wants it to play out..something like 6 billion people on this beautiful planet and the govts. of the world want to drop that number to 1 billion. a NEW WORLD ORDER. I DON'T THINK SO!!! WAKE UP people. I play Ghost recon because Call of duty is sh!t.

Would you fight for a govt. that lies and steals from you. I'm not going to. I would however fight against them. Something very big is about to happen....we won't know until it does, because that's how the govt. wants it to play out..something like 6 billion people on this beautiful planet and the govts. of the world want to drop that number to 1 billion. a NEW WORLD ORDER. I DON'T THINK SO!!! WAKE UP people. I play Ghost recon because Call of duty is sh!t.

Archived