Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Satan's Evil Twin

Canada Closes Embassy in Iran, Expels Iranian Diplomats from Canada

mate i agree with what you are saying , and i have never said israel is the only one causing the tension in that area .

but we in the west seem to support israel , and they seem to be the catalyst for a lot of the friction in the middle east .

as i state in my profile , i try my best to treat others the way i expect to be treated myself , and i wish more people in the world lived by this ideal , and if they did there would not be as many problems like the one we are discussing in the world today.

Not to mention our geographic location. Good luck on invading Norh America. that's goes for even more powerful nations like china and Russia. You have a stronger ground force which still needs to be moved accross the ocean. So we can hit u with the luxury of not being hit back. And I highly doubt the US is letting Canada be replaced up north or Britain. Good luck with invading the fortress that is NA.

And we have not recruited hard like others. Imagine a threat on Canadian soil. I'm fairly certain our forces in service would increase drastically. ATM we are a docile country but we have proven to be a strong when needed.

With our history in the WW and what I have seen and read currently. We have some of the best troops in the world. Study warfare enough and you see how numbers often mean very little. Training, strategy, equipment, leadership and moral all play a major role.

Canada vrs Iran. Iran can't even cross the ocean to get to us. We hit them they cat even hit us. I know who would win that battle. We have the capability to strike and weaken the Iranian infrastructure. They do not have the ability to weaken ours.

You speak for all Iranians? Many Iranians in Canada are refugees who had to flee their homeland as a result of the revolution. The truth is the Iranian community is pretty split about the move. Some welcome it, as they hate the regime. Others fear it could create difficulties for people wishing to travel between Iran and Canada:

http://www.canada.co...9247/story.html

As I said at the beginning of this thread, it is never good when diplomatic opportunities are lost, and it makes me wonder if something is "in the works"? .. I would not put anything past the current Israeli government, tho they will probably wait until after the US elections on November 6th .. all hell could break loose in the Mid-east if their is any "pre-emptive" action taken .. does anyone else smell a "Weapons of Mass Destruction" ploy in the making??

All the Iranians I know. Quite a few, including my gfs family. All very much dislike the regime. All have told me that at times their houses hAve been invaded without warning. That family members are taken without reason or known length of time.

Imagine if our police could kick down your door at 3am take your brother and father. Go through all personals and leave your home in shambles. All without warrant or reason. When you hear these things you become a little more appreciative of what we have here eh.

As I said at the beginning of this thread, it is never good when diplomatic opportunities are lost, and it makes me wonder if something is "in the works"? .. I would not put anything past the current Israeli government, tho they will probably wait until after the US elections on November 6th .. all hell could break loose in the Mid-east if their is any "pre-emptive" action taken .. does anyone else smell a "Weapons of Mass Destruction" ploy in the making??

Iran may not be much of a military power but they are a force to be reckoned with when it comes to practicing terrorism and unconventional warfare, which incidently the reason their embassy was kicked out.

On the other hand Canada has always been quite vulnerable when it comes to internal security threats. Losing their terrorist recruitment and clandestine service operating base of an embassy should hinder Iranian terror plans quite a bit, but it's just not hard to hurt a country like Canada via internal attack.

We could each spell out various scenarios where either side "may" dominate .. so it becomes moot .. 3.8 million troops versus 128,000, half of those being reserves .. technology would even it out some but if we learned anything from Iraq, it is that once you need to put people on the ground and in harms way, it changes the dynamic completely .. it is like fighting forest fires .. you can bomb fires infinitum, but you need boots-on-the-ground to put the fire out .. obvious scenario is that we would have to invade them, since we initiated this "action", and we would lose ..

As far as dreams, where would a man be without his dreams .. it was my attempt to end my part of this pointless discussion .. :lol:

Iran may not be much of a military power but they are a force to be reckoned with when it comes to practicing terrorism and unconventional warfare, which incidently the reason their embassy was kicked out.

On the other hand Canada has always been quite vulnerable when it comes to internal security threats. Losing their terrorist recruitment and clandestine service operating base of an embassy should hinder Iranian terror plans quite a bit, but it's just not hard to hurt a country like Canada via internal attack.

The question is, why enter into diplomatic opportunities when the Iranian government has shown no signs of wanting to enter into one?

The Iranian regime can care less about Canada but it is the Iranian-Canadians who will suffer more from this decision. Having a Canadian embassy in Tehran or not won't make any difference to Iran but it only meets Harper's stupid agenda of satisfying the Israeli government. If Israel ever goes to war, you can bet Canada will be fighting along side them before American politicians could make a decision of joining them or not. It is the reason why I hope someone else from the Liberals or NDP get elected to displace Harper as PM.

The question is, why enter into diplomatic opportunities when the Iranian government has shown no signs of wanting to enter into one?

I do believe the majority of "aware" Canadians have great respect and compassion for the Iranian people .. I fervently hope that some day there will be true separation of Church and State there, and thru out the Middle East, and indeed, the world ..

Because am Iranian-Canadian..duh, of course it is a big deal to me, it might not be to you. The mixed reaction from a small sample size of Iranians interviewed doesn't give the whole picture. There are a lot of Iranians here that visit Iran, so you can disregard the mix reaction bit you got from that news article. Plus all of my friends are disappointed about this news and I've got a lot of Persian friends.

No offense but we only have the word of the western powers as to what Iran has offered diplomatically .. how do we know? .. would you believe the word of an "entity" that invented weapons of mass discussion based on invented criteria in order to justify invading a sovereign country? .. then use that information to beguile your allies into joining you? .. thank goodness the Liberals were in power and told Bush to bugger off .. we really have no idea what goes on behind closed diplomatic doors .. I trust none of them as they all have their own agenda's

The Iranian regime can care less about Canada but it is the Iranian-Canadians who will suffer more from this decision. Having a Canadian embassy in Tehran or not won't make any difference to Iran but it only meets Harper's stupid agenda of satisfying the Israeli government. If Israel ever goes to war, you can bet Canada will be fighting along side them before American politicians could make a decision of joining them or not. It is the reason why I hope someone else from the Liberals or NDP get elected to displace Harper as PM.

An issue fighting Iran is the use of children. They would send them out into the foxholes, and overwhelm the position; This was a tactic used in the Iran-Iraq war. Why is this an issue? Our soldiers are noble people, they value life, and they do not shoot children.