The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canada Closes Embassy in Iran, Expels Iranian Diplomats from Canada

Satan's Evil Twin

Yes. Quite similar to that.

The Mullahs do not have minority rule. The Ayatollahs set the rules for the elections and have final say over the president and parliament. The hardliners would have lost the election but the Ayatollahs rigged it. Did you not read what I posted. The Ayatollahs stopped the opposition moderates from running any candidates in 1/3 of the ridings. They banned 2400 reformist candidates from riding.

lets just say exactly what we mean , by minority rule i mean that a smaller percentage of the popolation support them ,as opposed to those who do not support them .

isreal has nukes , and they virtually reinvented the pre-emptive strike in the 60's and 70's , who apart from iraq has iran fought with in the late 20th , early 21st century . and with the MAD military doctrine WTF is ever going to use the bomb.

I believe that there is more chance that the hardline israeli's will use their nuclear weapons , they are the people who seem to like to take the law into their own hands while defying the international communities request's .

I want to see peace in the world , and that particular area of the world has been in turmoil since israel stole land from the palestinians , set up their own country and started to fight with all their nieghbours .

they never want to be conciliatory , but rather take more and more land away from the palestinians and threaten and bully their neighbours .

i hear what you're saying, and just like you and the most of the world, i would prefer world peace as well.

But that region has had issues well before Israel moved in and started creating even more problems. Iran/Iraq, India & Pakistan have hated each other forever, Lebanon was expolited and picked apart by its neighbors for years, the whole Persian/Arab friction...heck, Sunnis and Shi'ites have been killing each other since Mohammed died. Not to mention who knows how many civil wars and uprisings throughout history that have occured at one point or another in most middle eastern countries......and had nothing to do with Isreal.

Israel creates alot of tension in that region....but they are not alone.

There would never be a situation however, where their military goes up against ours solely though....other than in thoughts experiments perhaps.

Still, what makes you believe that their military would literally walk over ours?

Allowed them "to do what they did"?

The Ayatollahs do what they want. Remember those protests where millions of poeople hit the streets demanding reform (the ones that happened after Bush). The Ayatollahs lined the streets with snipers and opened fire.

Spin it any way you want .. our Canadian military is, for the most part, a joke .. and I am happy for that .. I have had 3 relatives serve in the Afghan situation and had many relatives serve and die for Canada .. what they died for only history can judge ..

Statistically, I would love to see you do more than pull your "info" out of your nether region .. based on statistics I have found, Canada has the 54th ranked Armed Forces group by size, Iran is 6th .. we have 128,000 folk in uniform and Iran has 3,833,000 .. do our snipers have that many bullets do you think? ..

Well, they also have more air crafts, more navys, more weapons ect. ect. C'mon, just admit that their military is better. They have more man power, more weapons, more artillery etc. They also buy cheaper weapons from Russia and make their own weapons, while Canada buys overpriced American weapons in limited numbers, thus the defense budget doesn't give an accurate picture of what they have or don't have. Not to mention the fact that some of that budget probably goes to pay the health, insurance, education and other benefits of the Canadian soldiers while Iran spends small amount of that budget in their currency to payoff for soldier's benefits and expense.

More aircraft means nothing when you aren't able to maintain air superiority against an opponent. Iran doesn't have one squadron of any kind of aircraft that could go head to head with the upgraded CF-18A's and defeat them....not one.

A superior air force can also decimate a large navy and larger standing combat personnel and their assets, like tanks and artillery.

So, how exactly is their military 'better' again?

Archived