Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Canada Closes Embassy in Iran, Expels Iranian Diplomats from Canada

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
219 replies to this topic

#211 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

You mean to tell me that you require a source for Canada's or Iran's capability of picking up a telephone in order to communicate with one another??

Man, you just don't know politics. Can you casually call the president of United States? If you can, tell him I want a pepperoni pizza and ask him why it takes so long to cross the boarder.

Posted Image

#212 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:33 AM

Israeli PM praises Canada For Cutting Ties with Iran.

Netanhayu says other countries should follow Ottawa's lead.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...-iran-apec.html

Who in the blue hell does Netanyahoo thinks he is. Telling all the other countries to do what he says like he is the boss or something. That idiot doesn't know that Russia and China do trades with Iran and some countries have good diplomatic relationship with them? Other countries also look for their own self-interest, they all will not bend backwards to satisfy Israel's interests, goals and agendas.

Posted Image

#213 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,927 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:03 AM

Ahmadinejad, he is still around, but he is still an embarrassment. He looks like a snitch on 'Miami Vice.' I mean, why does he not wear a tie? Does he think every day in Iran is Casual Friday?Posted Image

Edited by Aladeen, 11 September 2012 - 09:25 AM.

Posted Image

#214 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

Who in the blue hell does Netanyahoo thinks he is. Telling all the other countries to do what he says like he is the boss or something. That idiot doesn't know that Russia and China do trades with Iran and some countries have good diplomatic relationship with them? Other countries also look for their own self-interest, they all will not bend backwards to satisfy Israel's interests, goals and agendas.

Dude your pills. He isn't telling anyone what to do. Merely stating that he hopes other countries follow Canada's lead.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says he hopes other countries will follow the example set by Canada, which on Friday broke off diplomatic relations with Iran, as the international community looks to head off Tehran's nuclear ambitions.

#215 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:55 AM

Man, you just don't know politics. Can you casually call the president of United States? If you can, tell him I want a pepperoni pizza and ask him why it takes so long to cross the boarder.

Lol, you know politics?? :rolleyes:

Gov't to gov't contact is established through our diplomatic corps, not by private citizens casually contacting heads of state . Our gov't still has the ability to communicate with the Iranian gov't. I don't know why you have such a hard time grasping such a basic understanding of diplomacy communication.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#216 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

http://www.timescolo...1189/story.html

Seems Iranians are happy about it here except for Pouria so we know what that means.

#217 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,018 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

Best avoid generalizations in cases such as these .. may come back to bite you in the arse .. advice from past experience .. <_<

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#218 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

http://www.timescolo...1189/story.html

Seems Iranians are happy about it here except for Pouria so we know what that means.

Oh yes, everyone is happy about the news. Am really happy that I will not be able to visit my family and relatives in Iran because of my situation. Whatever DUUHHH Dittohead!! Everyone duhhh happy, Pouria not.

Posted Image

#219 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:28 PM

Don't blame me. Blame Ahmadinejad.

#220 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,353 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:01 PM

this is a reasonably good history lesson on the Iran -US relationship , and towards the end of the video an analogy is made by pretending the same set of events happened in north america

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.